Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 09:59 AM

Default I mini-raise a good player ...line check

is this an ok line to take on the flop? villain is a winning/thinking player, seems pretty decent.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

UTG: $50.25
MP: $28.70
Hero (CO): $140.85
BTN: $52.95
SB: $52.10
BB: $58.35

Pre-Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $5.50</font>, Hero calls $3.75

Flop: ($11.25) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $9</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $18</font>, BB calls $9

Turn: ($47.25) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero goes all in </font>,[/i]
Old 10-25-2007, 10:04 AM

Default Re: I mini-raise a good player ...line check

I would probably fold pf to his 3-bet. However, sometimes I call so I guess thats meh. I think I like a raise to like 22 more than a min raise, just because a min raise usually looks so strong. If the villain is decent he should be able to interpret your line as a flush by the turn unless you have a very aggro image. Other than the flop raise, I think the turn is very standard. Sucks if he shows you a boat.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:08 AM

I'd also raise some more than the miniraise. Shoving turn is ok imo.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:09 AM

All in on the turn seems a bit foolish. You're only going to get called by hands that have you crushed. If he has AdQc, I think he would have reraised your flop bet, so I doubt he even has a diamond. Villian could quite possibly have QQ and filled up on the turn. All in all, I value bet 2/3 of the pot and quite possibly check fold a river diamond. Any thoughts?
Old 10-25-2007, 10:13 AM

Yea thats weak honestly. If he bets 2/3 pot, he is committed, its that simple. Assuming he bets 2/3 pot on the turn, that means he has gotten the villain to invest 55.50 I think. Ummm, villain has 58.35 total. I think you have the odds to call his push lol. Assume hero bets half pot on turn, then villain has committed 47 of his 58.35. Again, obviously cannot fold after that. Pretty much if hero bets this turn, hes committed no matter how you look at it. I think the turn you must bet because any board pair or diamond kills your hand on the river.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All in on the turn seems a bit foolish. You're only going to get called by hands that have you crushed. If he has AdQc, I think he would have reraised your flop bet, so I doubt he even has a diamond. Villian could quite possibly have QQ and filled up on the turn. All in all, I value bet 2/3 of the pot and quite possibly check fold a river diamond. Any thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're getting called by: AA or KK with or without a diamond, Possibly even AK with either being a diamond. Not to mention KQ with the Kd and AQ with the Ad.

You are in no way shape or form crushed here when you get called.

Btw, preflop is horrible, please fold.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:57 AM

i'd raise more on flop because our hand is vulnerable to a diamond. the pot is reraised so chances are he has a hand that he will play back. any thoughts?
Old 10-25-2007, 11:02 AM

Im not sure about him playing back but like I originally said, you have to raise more on the flop regardless. Its for both protection and value, but mainly for value.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yea thats weak honestly. If he bets 2/3 pot, he is committed, its that simple. Assuming he bets 2/3 pot on the turn, that means he has gotten the villain to invest 55.50 I think. Ummm, villain has 58.35 total. I think you have the odds to call his push lol. Assume hero bets half pot on turn, then villain has committed 47 of his 58.35. Again, obviously cannot fold after that. Pretty much if hero bets this turn, hes committed no matter how you look at it. I think the turn you must bet because any board pair or diamond kills your hand on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly, so lead out on turn, call a shove.