Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 07:17 AM

Default 50NL - C-bluffing ace high flops

I think most folks know that a king high flop is a good candidate for firing at when you whiff. I never really know what to do with A - high flops. Villain in this hand is a 11/2/0.5 over about 500 hands.

My reasoning for firing is that he really should know better than to call with Ax out of position (uh, hopefully).

Good play or bad play? What's my line on the turn?

Poker Room skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
10 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $8.45
UTG+1: $51.30
UTG+2: $89.10
MP1: $49.50
Hero: $45.00
MP3: $78.95
CO: $6.75
Button: $42.65
SB: $45.40
BB: $11.50

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
4 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, 3 folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($4.5, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3.5</font> SB calls $3.5
Old 10-25-2007, 07:27 AM

Default Re: 50NL - C-bluffing ace high flops

CBet is fine, I'd give it up now. Chances are good he called you with something like Axs isn't capable of laying it down now...
Old 10-25-2007, 07:53 AM

I think there might be a good chance that a player like that called a raise from the blind with a pp and was either floating you or flop his set on a pretty dry board. I might error on the side of the set since his af is so low.

With that you may have been able to get away with checking the flop and there is a good chance he checks the turn in both cases set or pp.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think there might be a good chance that a player like that called a raise from the blind with a pp and was either floating you or flop his set on a pretty dry board.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this, i find it unlikely he would play Ax OOP with those nitty stats. I think you could fire again and he'll fold if he hasn't hit that set.

In general, I like c-betting A high flops because its a scare card.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:47 AM

I'm double barreling in position here. With those stats that should fold out any pp or other garbage that he possible called with, and you'll probably face resistance to any hand you are way behind. If he calls again, I would probably say he's got a TPGK kind of hand that he's not going to get away from.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm double barreling in position here. With those stats that should fold out any pp or other garbage that he possible called with, and you'll probably face resistance to any hand you are way behind. If he calls again, I would probably say he's got a TPGK kind of hand that he's not going to get away from.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was actually what I did, he called and then we checked it down to his AJ. I'm left wondering whether I should maybe have 3rd barrelled.......too spewy?
Old 10-25-2007, 02:14 PM

if he calls turn what is going to make him fold the river? presumably, he decided on turn that his hand was good
Old 10-25-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think there might be a good chance that a player like that called a raise from the blind with a pp and was either floating you or flop his set on a pretty dry board. I might error on the side of the set since his af is so low.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi, I'm the agression factor mis-use police. Might you explain why him calling means set? Since you get a low agression factor from calling more than raising, I'm not sure how call = set.

AF = Bet+ Raise/ Call

So if he doesn't bet or raise with a set, what do you think he does bet or raise with?
Old 10-25-2007, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This was actually what I did, he called and then we checked it down to his AJ. I'm left wondering whether I should maybe have 3rd barrelled.......too spewy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just value town him when you have two pair or tptk, He's a calling station, I would probably still CB against him but shut down on misses from now on. Unless he has an extremely low fold to CB%.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain in this hand is a 11/2/0.5 over about 500 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

When someone with these stats calls your raise, he probably has a better hand than KJ. Bet the flop and check/fold the rest of the way.