Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: INTENT?
JOKE POST 8 22.22%
ACTUALLY TRYING TO GIVE GOOD ADVICE 28 77.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-24-2007, 08:36 PM

Default Re: 5/10nl live skill level is to _______ online

and imo live multi tablers waiting for position and AA, would not do well in live games as the gamblers in these games would not give action to nits
Old 10-24-2007, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Have to agree with the guy who said that online poker is for the anti-social. In all honesty, I doubt many of the multitabling nits on this site who makes livings on Stars would have an idea what to do with an attractive girl if she came with an instruction manual. I wouldn't reduce my life to sitting in my house 50 hours a week clicking a mouse, regardless of the money involved. Man has a point. I do however disagree with him about it being "real" poker. It's very real and does in fact have skilled players.

To those using the 10x rule, don't be idiots. If this were even remotely true, more of you online players would get up from the $11/hour gigs you have at the Party 1/2 NL tables and try out crushing a live 5/10 game as you claim is so easy to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're another moron that needs to die asap.

seriously, don't breed. you're [censored] up humanity gene pool.

and $11 an hour at party's 1/2NL, lolololol. Try closer to 100/hr.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:54 PM

don't worry about him, all he ever does is cry about online vs live
Old 10-24-2007, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tell me where to find a 5/10 NL game live that is as easy as a 100 NL game online and ill be there in a heartbeat. Im sorry but no such game exists. 5/10 NL live is a lot harder than you guys think. And this comes from someone who was once a predominately internet player.

1/2 NL = .10/.25 - .25/.50 online
2/5 NL = .25/.50 - 1/2 online
5/10 NL = 1/2 - 2/4 online
10/20 - 10/25 NL = 3/6 - 5/10 online
20/40 NL = 5/10 - 10/20 online.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

Also, this discussion doesn't include the fact that many 5/10 games are uncapped and stacks can be 300-2000 BB's deep, and if you're playing in a 9 handed 5-10 game where the avg. stack size is 300 BB's, it's probably very similar to an online 10-20 game in terms of difficulty, but on the other hand it's likely much easier to find a soft live 5-10 game than a soft online 5-10 game.

Still, i'd sit in any live 5-10 game with any internet multitablers who were 300+ BB's deep. That's something that you cant learn online, i.e., starting a game with 300 BB's instead of 100 BB's. Changes things dramatically.

-Tex
Old 10-24-2007, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Have to agree with the guy who said that online poker is for the anti-social. In all honesty, I doubt many of the multitabling nits on this site who makes livings on Stars would have an idea what to do with an attractive girl if she came with an instruction manual. I wouldn't reduce my life to sitting in my house 50 hours a week clicking a mouse, regardless of the money involved. Man has a point. I do however disagree with him about it being "real" poker. It's very real and does in fact have skilled players.

To those using the 10x rule, don't be idiots. If this were even remotely true, more of you online players would get up from the $11/hour gigs you have at the Party 1/2 NL tables and try out crushing a live 5/10 game as you claim is so easy to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha dont beat up on the 1/2 players too badly. i just moved up from 1/2 but i had an hourly rate of around $75 and i wasnt even all that good. its not even hard at all to achieve actually. a 4ptbb/100 winner averaging almost 5 tables at a time can do this very easily.

so where'd you get $11 p/h? And even if you did "crush a 5/10nl live game for 10ptbb/100....at 35 hands per hour this comes out to the same hourly rate, right?
Old 10-24-2007, 09:05 PM

everyone beat me to it sorry
Old 10-24-2007, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and imo live multi tablers waiting for position and AA, would not do well in live games as the gamblers in these games would not give action to nits

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow the level of hatred.

My observation is that the nit is more likely to get action live than online, however since he's churning through fewer hands and his opponents are giving way more action post-flop, the nit is giving up way too much by folding so many profitable spots pre-flop.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:17 PM

This poll is misleading by comparing blind sizes to buyin sizes. After all, where I play the 5/10 IS the $400NL.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:18 PM

One other note, comparing live to online games can be very very deceptive.

Stuff like straddles and 6bb+ openers getting action will make a live game play much bigger and less deep than someone who has just played online would think (where openers are generally between 3bb to 4bb and get less pre-flop action building the pot.) Playing a 200-300bb stack in a live game might effectivly be playing less deep than a 100bb stack online.

This is why I've had trouble getting off my ass an into 2/5 games. The 1/2 and 1/3 games are often softer and play just as big.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:21 PM

The $11/hour was a random comment designed to make a point about online low/mid stakes players acting high and mighty over the live player. Don't attack significance to it. However, as to the aforementioned, I'm quite certain you might just be exaggerating a bit about "$100/hour" at Party 1/2 NL. Then again, I suppose you could average any hourly rate you wanted so long as you were willing to nit away your life in front of a screen playing 90 tables at once.

Sykes, if you want people who comment negatively about online to die, that's your right. Be my guest. However, you have now told two people in this thread to do so without offering any analysis. Someone with over 4000 posts can do better then this. Also, your argument that I'm "(expletive) up humanity's gene pool" because I dislike online play seems to be a bit idiotic, don't you think?