Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 06:39 PM

Default Re: AKo in BB after limp and raise.

raise is too big, IMO... makes pot/stack ratios weird.

there are no good options here. so we have to pick the least worst.

i'd probably check and evaluate.

c/f is gross but it might be the most +EV play... and by that, i mean, neutral EV.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:10 PM

You actually check. Villain bets 50 into the 2075 pot. You have 3700. What do you do? What do you think the meaning of this bet is?
Old 10-24-2007, 07:19 PM

this hand just gets better and better, lol.

um... i just call i guess. i usually play min-bets the same as if it was checked behind.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You actually check. Villain bets 50 into the 2075 pot. You have 3700. What do you do? What do you think the meaning of this bet is?

[/ QUOTE ]

it means you might be playing the same player or one of her [censored] 500,000 twins who just called my 11BB (she had like 15BB) 3-bet after a UTG raise, MP push with 55.

It could mean a set, it could mean a pair/draw that is afraid but will call anyway, it could mean QQ, it could mean JJ with the intention to fold, or it could mean QA/JA. So, I don't think you have FE here enough and you are better sometimes, so call 50 and let's see the turn!

Barry

Barry
Old 10-24-2007, 09:59 PM

I just call PF. As played, I check/raise A/I on the flop b/c the stacks are kind of sexy for it and I don't mind if he checks behind.

Edit: Just saw he bet t50. LOL. Don't fold. But I'd probably just call and pretend he checked behind.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:44 AM

What do we make of the minbet? It seems strange not to bet a set or big pair on this connected a board. It seems like either a set or a probe. Villain may have something like JJ or AK and not be sure whether the check from OP was a whiffed AK or a slowplayed set or big pair.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:00 AM

I'd say it is unlikely he has a big pair.

Mostly A8, two-suited of the flush cards (i.e. 4 to a flush), OESD, or a set. Might already have a completed straight.

Edit: I'd throw AK & AQ in there for villain as well.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What do we make of the minbet? It seems strange not to bet a set or big pair on this connected a board. It seems like either a set or a probe. Villain may have something like JJ or AK and not be sure whether the check from OP was a whiffed AK or a slowplayed set or big pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I said like 14 hours ago, but you need to go to Sssshhhhheeeerrrrman for the final word. I see how it is [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

The bet is looking for a reaction from hero before making a final decision. I'm almost sure it's an afraid JJ/1010. Maybe even QQ. It's one of those "I'm afraid, I need info, he pushed, ok, [censored] it, I call." Or a trap. Funky. It's that more often than not. It could also be a set because even though the board is coordinated, 3-bets ranges don't cover this board well. Blah blah blah...call.

Barry
Old 10-25-2007, 11:28 AM

9 times out of 10 (with yuor typical SSMTTers) this is an ignorant probe bet w 99-QQ AJ+. A good villain is not making this bet unless he has history with you and thinks it will induce you to make a move. thus i think its an easy c/c spot for us. doing anything else is spew OOP.

against typical opponents, if you just call the minbet on this board you very often face a real bet (1/2-3/4) on the turn that you have to fold to unimproved. if i were inposition i would raise the minbet almost 100% of the time. OOP i think its better to try and hit on the turn cheap ro get to showdown cheaply.

if villain minbets the turn again he is very weak and i recommend calling again. obvs we are folding if he bets 1/2+ on turn and we are still whiffed.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Minbets are used for everything from draws to A high to monsters to "[censored] I have paint on my cards! BetS!!!!"

A typical line you'll see here is after you check, he'll bet out big on the turn with a big hand, minbet a weaker one, and check with air.