Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 07:43 AM

Default Re: Home tourney - Cash stolen

When I run a tourny or cashgame I always keep the moneys in my pocket.
If something is missing I pay it from my own pocket.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pfapfap-

We have a group of about ten to twelve regulars that have been playing for a couple of years now. There's always at least five folks at the table to keep an eye on one another, and they all know that nobody gets chips or puts money in the box without me being there. So, for me, it's fine if it stays on the table. We play at fairly low stakes, but can end up with around $600 or so in the box at any given time. The worst thing we ever had happen was the box was short at the end of the night. It was after that night that I became banker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Despite my suggestion, I'm not a fanatic about the money in the pocket, as long as the money is in a place where the Bank feels secure that there is not going to be any tampering.

having the box on the table to me feels a little insecure, particularly with a 12 man player pool. What happens during the unforseen circumstance - i.e. somebody chokes on a piece of whatever, basically passes out and the game stops while things get settled down, or something truly spectacular happens in the game on TV in the background and everybody stands or goes ove to watch, or heck, you all just take a break when the pizza gets there... and then, unexpectedly, unwatched, there is the box of cash sitting on the table...

As long as you're comfortable, and it is clear that you've thought about it, fine. But the bank still takes the hit if it comes up short. It's your risk, so its your call. If I'm just big on erring on the side of keeping temptation out of everybody's way, that's my own hang-up.

--Zetack
Old 10-24-2007, 05:39 PM

I have hosted/ran many tourneys and have come up short at payout time, either due to non-collection or bad change making. I covered the difference, since it was my responsibility. At least that's how I perceived it. If that's not the case, I want my money back!
Old 10-25-2007, 03:52 AM

put the money in your pocket and pay back what you lose