Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 04:42 PM

Default Re: AK on the river - Pushed AI by loosey villain

remove hero's call because hero has not called yet, and that leaves 12 more into a 40.35 pot, which is 3.36-1 odds
Old 10-24-2007, 04:43 PM

Don't add in Hero's call to the total.

So
Pot = $12.35 + 8 Hero's bet + 8 Villains call + 12 Villains raise
Hero must call 12

Pot:Call = 40:12 = 3.3:1
Old 10-24-2007, 04:45 PM

<-- sorry total idiot, thanks guys
Old 10-24-2007, 04:47 PM

I think I have to call here. What hand is he representing that beats you? I cant think of many hands that have a six in it that can get to the turn, let alone the river.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I have to call here. What hand is he representing that beats you? I cant think of many hands that have a six in it that can get to the turn, let alone the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

but you're not a player who plays bad hands and calls with any draw no matter how bad.

I'm not saying its a fold, but this kind of villain has a LOT of hands that could beat hero.

HANDS THAT IDIOTS (and non idiots) WILL HAVE HERE THAT WINS-
35 (OESD- not terribly idiotic if he gets paid)
22, 44, 66, KK, K6, 46, 26, AA

I see hands like the above shown down every day by people with stats like 55/2/1 every night. Any and all of the hands above could be held by a donk.

That being said, there are many hands that villain could have that hero beats if villain thinks hero will fold.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but you're not a player who plays bad hands and calls with any draw no matter how bad.

I'm not saying its a fold, but this kind of villain has a LOT of hands that could beat hero.

HANDS THAT IDIOTS (and non idiots) WILL HAVE HERE THAT WINS-
35 (OESD- not terribly idiotic if he gets paid)
22, 44, 66, KK, K6, 46, 26, AA

I see hands like the above shown down every day by people with stats like 55/2/1 every night. Any and all of the hands above could be held by a donk.

That being said, there are many hands that villain could have that hero beats if villain thinks hero will fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was kind of my thinking, based on OP reads this guys looks pretty bad. That's why I wanted to crunch the numbers to see if we had odds to call.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That was kind of my thinking, based on OP reads this guys looks pretty bad. That's why I wanted to crunch the numbers to see if we had odds to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, its difficult with only 15 hands to say much... I've seen players who will do this because your turn bet looks weak and he believes he can take it away. I have seen players overbet bluff anytime a scare card hits.

On the other hand, a lot of the loose passive passive players overbet/push when they hit monsters. They know that people err on the side of calling them down because they're so terrible. With those players, they have it here when they push and they think you can't fold.

You know he's loose and calls down with bad hands. The bigger question is have you seen him overbet with bluffs?

I think most of these players lose money. BUT, the ones that do okay do so because they get paid off when they hit because there image is so bad.

If the person is overbetting all the time and not going to showdown, I'm be more willing to call here. With only 15 hands.... honestly, I sometimes call for information and cross my fingers. Sometimes I fold and wait for a better read and a better spot. If he's bluffing this a lot, then he'll do it when you have a monster too.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:35 PM

Grunch:

Fold. You said yourself he very well could be playing a huge range from the button and calling your PF raise with any two. You've put a little into the pot up until the river, you can still walk away. You have TPTK, which is a great hand.. for _small_ pots, not huge calls on the river.

Most of the time I would fold and look for a better spot. The good news is you know he'll be giving action. We don't need to call _every_ river we think may be a bluff or weak. Only ones that are clearly profitable. This seems to be more of a marginal hand so I'd fold.