Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 09:47 AM

Default 10NL - QJ rivers a set of Jacks, but a potential flush

Did i bet this appropriately? Probably should have led on the flop. Probably didn't shove the river because i was afraid of the flush or perhaps a better Jack

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($15.95)
UTG+1 ($1.85)
Hero ($10.15)
MP2 ($9.05)
CO ($7.65)
Button ($4.25)
SB ($0.75)
BB ($27.55)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG folds.

Flop: ($1.25) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $0.6</font>, Hero calls $0.60.

Turn: ($2.45) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $0.8</font>, Hero calls $0.80.

River: ($4.05) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $1.6</font>, Hero calls $1.60.

Final Pot: $7.25
Old 10-24-2007, 10:03 AM

Default Re: 10NL - QJ rivers a set of Jacks, but a potential flush

Yes, bet flop.

As played, as he seems to be an unknon w/ a donk stack, this is top pair, no kicker often.

As played, I am not sure if a river raise is in order. I donīt mind the call.

[ QUOTE ]
Probably didn't shove the river because i was afraid of the flush or perhaps a better Jack

[/ QUOTE ]

Thatīs what troubles me most. You are going to learn as long as you are aware of what you are doing. You need reasons for all of your actions at all times. Itīs ok if your reasoning is a bit off (making mistakes is how we learn), but you need to understand why you do what you do!
Old 10-24-2007, 10:13 AM

I would also recommend that you fold suited connectors from early position. They can be tricky hands, and playing them OOP is even tougher.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would also recommend that you fold suited connectors from early position. They can be tricky hands, and playing them OOP is even tougher.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yes, I forgot that. You are getting yourself in trouble against decent players.

Things are different though if the table is weak-tight. They reraise the big hands and play fit-or-fold with pocket pairs. Nice.
Or even better, sometimes you run into people who play loose-passiv before the flop and weak-tight once the flop comes. Very nice.

In average situations, you can fold this hand in early position and all you give up is head-aches [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]