Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2006, 09:53 AM

Default Re: Revenge/Justice suggestions needed (long)

Didnt read any replies. Firstly the only thing I would do to if you have to do something is confront him face to face and tell him if he touches your wife again your gonna beat the [censored] out of him.

Really though i don't know why people put up with piece of [censored] like this in there family, just write them off and have nothing to do with them. Don't go visit them but tell her mom she can come visit you just don't bring the [censored].
Thats the great thing about being an adult, you are not forced to put up with shitbag family members.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:36 PM

you're not going to change his attitude, so forget about that.

here's how a man handles this:

Call him and let him know that he is not ever welcome in your home again. And you will not be going to his. If his wife wants to see her daughter and grandkid, she may visit, or she may visit your parents when you and your wife go to visit. He is not welcome.

And then you let him know that if he ever so much as looks at your wife or child in a threatening manner again, you will hurt him severely. Period.

There is no "revenge" here. Only a man taking care of his family.
Old 01-03-2006, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You so-called "psychologists" are taking this far too seriously. Is that the kind of stuff they taught you in "college"? Welcome to the real world. The clear answer is kill the dog. There is no better solution.

P.S. Milo, you've gone with Sam, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope this is major sarcasm. After two innocent people (wife and child) are traumatized and one is physically injured, the answer is to kill a completely innocent animal?

I am not totally against "an eye for an eye" type punishment, but that should have nothing to do with hurting/killing the offenders friends/relatives/pets. that is totally against the priniples behind EFE.
Old 01-03-2006, 03:55 PM

Send him a gift. A chocolate covered urinal cake. This is easily the best solution.

Melch
Old 01-03-2006, 04:27 PM

Your suggestions for revenge are amusing. I hope that's all they were meant to be.

The only answer is to call him up and tell him that he has forfeited his right to associate with your family. If he's any sort of normal human being, never being able to see his daughter and grandkid again will hurt him more than anything you can do to him physically. This goes for your wife's mother, too -- she's as complicit in this as the father is.

Here's the problem -- your wife probably won't go for this. She grew up being abused by this monster (if she claims that he never hit her -- that's a lie), and will continue to be abused by him until the day he dies. Women are netorious for this -- they continue returning to abusive men out of a sense of "love" or obligation, and always tell themselves that it'll never happen again.

If she insists on maintaining contact with him, demand that you both go see a family counselor. Tell her that you're terrified of what might happen to her and your daughter if this monster is allowed to stay in your lives. The counsellow will agree with you and might be able to some sense into her, even if you can't.

Also, you should take seriously what some of the other posters said about your anger issues. Throwing your father against a door shows a total lack of control. If you can do that your dad (when he wasn't the person you should have been directing your anger at), you are just as likely to do it to someone else -- your wife included.
Old 01-03-2006, 04:42 PM

didn't read the replies, but I say kill the dog.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:04 PM

I WAS on your side until.....

[ QUOTE ]
My dad grabbed my shoulder to talk to me and I threw him into a door and broke the handle and part of the wood framing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I think you might be the one with a problem. Your temper and attitude probably made many of these situations worse.

Forget revenge...take the high road and write everyone an appology.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:24 PM

WTF is wrong with you? Instead of acting like a grown man you give a list of ways to get revenge that looks like they were written by a 6 yr old. And based on your behavior you obviously don't have the balls to do anything remotely resembling the listed acts. So instead of wasting everyones time with posts that are too long work on growing the [censored] up.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:35 PM

Maybe I should clarify a couple of things really quick

1. The incident with my dad got blown out of proportion a bit I think. I had just got off the phone with the fiancée and was fuming, spouting off swear words and the like. He came up behind me and told me to "cool it" as he grabbed my arm. He had no information about what I had just heard or why I was acting that way, so he was just trying to settle me down and figure out what was going on. So I basically just turned aruound and shoved him and said "back off" acting purely on adrenaline.

2. I really don't think I have an anger issue at all. I never have been in an all out fist fight, and always keep my cool in stressful situations. I can take most anything in stride, however there are only a couple of things that I will choose to let myself get angry about and this is just one of them. If anyone else here wouldn't get that pissed off on the spot when something like this happens, then you don't have kids. That's just my take on it.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I should clarify a couple of things really quick

1. The incident with my dad got blown out of proportion a bit I think. I had just got off the phone with the fiancée and was fuming, spouting off swear words and the like. He came up behind me and told me to "cool it" as he grabbed my arm. He had no information about what I had just heard or why I was acting that way, so he was just trying to settle me down and figure out what was going on. So I basically just turned aruound and shoved him and said "back off" acting purely on adrenaline.

2. I really don't think I have an anger issue at all. I never have been in an all out fist fight, and always keep my cool in stressful situations. I can take most anything in stride, however there are only a couple of things that I will choose to let myself get angry about and this is just one of them. If anyone else here wouldn't get that pissed off on the spot when something like this happens, then you don't have kids. That's just my take on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sir are a walking contradiction.

(you can walk, can't you?)