Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Notre Dame 8-1
1 0 0%
2 1 2.78%
3 1 2.78%
4 0 0%
5 1 2.78%
6 2 5.56%
7 2 5.56%
8 11 30.56%
9 5 13.89%
10 13 36.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-24-2007, 04:18 AM

Default Re: AP Visit: I\'m going to Costa Rica

I mean just god damn I get home to catch up to 200 plus posts and half of them are retarded, obstinate, or trolling, or some combination thereof

Why don't any of you [censored] vocal idiots actually do some work on this instead of trolling people who are

I mean, I know, it's the internet and all, and trolling is funny, lolz, but this is a little important for you guys to be trying to [censored] up
Old 10-24-2007, 04:26 AM

nat: i'm pretty sure you said that if you go you wouldn't really be worried about your safety, but please think about some of the people accused in all of this. these guys are pure scum, and if they SOMEHOW thought shutting you up would help them stay off the hook- i would not put it past them to potentially get someone to harm you. i know everyone will think i'm ULTRA paranoid- flame away but it's costa rica and it's some sociopath criminals involved with the whole thing. you just never know.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The problem is the gray area where there is extra money offered above the travel costs.

[/ QUOTE ]

This extra money is the opportunity cost of Nat taking however many days/weeks out of his life to go down there. It makes up for lost salary (I'm assuming he has a job, but I'm not sure), lost time he could be spending doing other productive things, etc. I think it is perfectly fine and understandable for him to accept this extra fee as part of his travel costs, and shouldn't really be questioned assuming the fee is reasonable in comparison to the amount of time invested.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I find the whole money argument confusing. Do auditors work for free? No. If Ernst&Young went down there they would surely want more than an airplane ticket and a cup of coffee. Noone ever brings this up as a problem.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:36 AM

I'm trolling to you obviously because you don't agree with my point of view. That's fine. Be mature about it and stop whining like you do in every post.

[ QUOTE ]
Why don't any of you [censored] vocal idiots actually do some work on this instead of trolling people who are

[/ QUOTE ]

Now listen up people. You heard the voice of Nath(echo). He declares that you cannot have an opinion on a public messageboard about this scandal unless you are actually working on the investigation.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:41 AM

As is usual on public internet forums, there are always going to be muppets who claim expertise on subjects they clearly are ignorant of.

That's the joy of using the internet.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:45 AM

Why does he need to visit? Logs, code and other information can be transmitted over the internet.

It is just a ploy because over the internet he can be impartial and disconnected from the people and focus on the issue. But in person he is just going to be a guy sitting in their office, seeing what they want to show him and being coddled.

If they actually wanted to prove something, send an NDA to a trusted software developer (or better yet a few), then send them the full source code and all the logs they have. Let them go through it on their own and listen to what they have to say.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I find the whole money argument confusing. Do auditors work for free? No. If Ernst&Young went down there they would surely want more than an airplane ticket and a cup of coffee. Noone ever brings this up as a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your confusion would be cleared up if you realized that Nat, adanthar, and snagglepuss are not Ernst&Young.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your confusion would be cleared up if you realized that Nat, adanthar, and snagglepuss are not Ernst&Young.

[/ QUOTE ]

Either:

a) You only believe that organisations called "Ernst & Young" are able to charge for their advice, and thus, you are a muppet

or

b) You have no understanding of the concept of analogy, and thus, you are a muppet.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:59 AM

Josem,

You completely missed the point. They aren't going down there to do a full audit(hence the flawed analogy), so other people are asking questions about what could really be accomplished. Why don't you respond to pokergrader's post?
Old 10-24-2007, 05:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Optional questions:
5.) Can I try account 363? Please, please, please?
6.) Will AP agree to buy $10K worth of popcorn for 2+2 thread sweaters?

[/ QUOTE ]