Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How would you characterize your vote?
I voted for Democrats 9 31.03%
I voted against Republicans 20 68.97%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 02:27 AM

Default Re: Personal / dating / whatever life situation general advice thread

[ QUOTE ]
I am getting divorced, currently back in Orlando, FL licking my wounds.

I'm going to start taking salsa lessons, which are offered every day in the evenings and probably have a lot of hot single chicks. I figure if the guy who was [censored] my hot soon-to-be-ex-wife met her that way, then I probably have a chance to [censored] someone else's hot wife (or, say, a single, available chick) doing the same thing.

I might also take cooking lessons.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you looking for a rebound so quickly?
Old 10-24-2007, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm going to start taking salsa lessons, which are offered every day in the evenings and probably have a lot of hot single chicks. I figure if the guy who was [censored] my hot soon-to-be-ex-wife met her that way, then I probably have a chance to [censored] someone else's hot wife (or, say, a single, available chick) doing the same thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not a rebound unless it's quick
Old 10-24-2007, 09:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am 30 and feel youth slipping away. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2007, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this sounds like revenge and not a real plan for a better life without your wife. You would probably be better off looking inside yourself and figuring out what will really make you happy and take a class doing that so that whoever you meet there will enjoy what you love to do.

Get involved in an activity you enjoy because you might think it is cool to go to sala and meet a girl and "do" her and then make her hurt the way your wife hurt you... BUT maybe what will happen is you "do" this girl and YOU get hurt all over again!!! BAD IDEA!
Old 10-25-2007, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a class with a girl that I would like to approach but have a couple problems. It's a big class (~250) and I never end up sitting beside her in class. She usually sits on the same end that I do, but not next to me so I can strike up a conversation. She usually gets there right as class is starting and there aren't many seats left and she never ends up next to me pretty much (always close though).

Haven't talked to her but I found her on facebook. She has very private settings though so I can't see her profile. She seems like a quiet girl, always sits by herself in class but texts a lot (bad sign probably?)

Any suggestions on the best way to get things going?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the best way guys can approach a girl is saying something funny which applies to the situation. Witty always always works... so try and find something funny about that particular class - i.e. if the teacher or a certain student there does something which is funny and make a comment about it. If you get her to laugh, that means you can feel free to start talking to her... proceed to classwork type conversation ... maybe mention studying together and then you don't seem to forceful and you leave a good impression.

Key thing is don't talk to her too long. Just long enough to make her laugh and then discuss maybe studying together... possibly don't even setup a time to do that but let her know your information where she can contact you. Sounds like she likes her privacy and she won't easily give out her ocntact information.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Find yourself coincidentally walking in the same direction as her after class. There is a fine line between this and stalking (actually there's a fine line between creepy and adorable in general), but if your heart is in the right place and you leave her alone if you find she doesn't have interest, it won't be a problem.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a class with a girl that I would like to approach but have a couple problems. It's a big class (~250) and I never end up sitting beside her in class. She usually sits on the same end that I do, but not next to me so I can strike up a conversation. She usually gets there right as class is starting and there aren't many seats left and she never ends up next to me pretty much (always close though).

Haven't talked to her but I found her on facebook. She has very private settings though so I can't see her profile. She seems like a quiet girl, always sits by herself in class but texts a lot (bad sign probably?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't contact her on Facebook. I'd go with loitering outside of class. When she goes in go in after her without making it obvious. She shows up late but eventually you'll end up with a seat open next to her. Then just see what happens.

Two things about your post hit me as kind of odd. You know nothing about this girl so why so fixated on her? It has to be just a purely physical attraction. There are plenty of hot girls so why fixate.

The second was the "always close though" comment. Guys have a bad habit of reading things into girl's actions which simply are not there.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:45 PM

Henry,

"You know nothing about this girl so why so fixated on her?"

The less you know about a girl, the easier it is to create an imagine in your head of how perfect she is and what a perfect match she would be for you. It's sort of pointless and pretty much never true or productive. Wish I had learned that many years ago!
Old 10-25-2007, 02:30 PM

Anyone have a good strategy for picking up girls at work? I work in a company store for a major corporation and get all sorts of hot older women coming in buying stuff. Some are young too. I'm 23. They come to my register and I can't think of anything funny to say. How do I go about talking to and eventually going out with these women?
Old 10-25-2007, 02:38 PM

Trying to pick up women while working a cash isn't to your advantage. I'd suggest keeping work for work and then meet women on your social time.
Closed Thread