Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2006, 01:39 AM

Default Re: Turned in My Badge (Long Farewell)

I too at the moment am doing doing the 9 tables of 2/4 thing, as you said i find it much better than say 4 tabling a higher limit, I enjoyed your posts and hope all goes well.

ps, what do you think your bb/100 is at that game?
Old 03-17-2006, 01:48 AM

Hi QTip. Enjoy your new job. Best wishes to you and yours.
Old 03-17-2006, 05:36 AM

Good luck, QTip. I doubt this is a farewell, though. You will still play poker and post on 2+2 after taking a real job. You aren't quitting forever?
Old 03-17-2006, 06:09 AM

Qtip,

I really think you will be happier and are making a wise decision. I have a pretty unique situation that has kind of forced me into playing poker for a living. Long story short: law school, Katrina, no law school til next august, business management degree=no good jobs, pokering 6 tables of 3/6 since 01/01/2006.

I'm burnt, and I've only played about 65K hands. My winrate is pathetic (0.8BB/100), and I'm really not that good a player. If it weren't for rakeback and bonii I would have quit by now. I'm proud of myself if I get in 20 hrs/week. 40 is unimaginable to me. Playing at the times you mentioned are unimaginable to me.

Great new is, you're a great poker player, and will always have the ability to make a few extra bucks at it. Good luck in the future, and seriously, wrap it up or get your wifey on the pill.
Old 03-17-2006, 06:23 AM

Q,

It has certainly been a fun ride. I trust that you are making the right decision given your situation in life. Being a 23 year old bum, seeing what you have done for almost the past year has truly amazed me. Wish you the best and remember you are always welcome in the small SNG fraternity we have going. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Congratulations and Good Luck,

Brad
Old 03-17-2006, 09:15 AM

mr. tip,

i have been anticipating a post similar to this for a little while. you have reached your fork in the road and chosen a path. good luck and best wishes. i myself have 3 children(9 mos., 4 years, and 6 years). so i fully understand the pressure that you have been under to provide a stable way of life for your family. it is not an easy world we live in and it takes big decisions like this to move forward in life. you will do well in whatever endeavor you undertake, i don't doubt this. keep in touch with the forum, Qtip. you contributed to all of our growth with your questions and probings. thanks again. go steelers.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This also will put an end to my posting much

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-17-2006, 09:34 AM

Wish you the best your posts were always interesting and informative. It sounds like you are are making some good decisions. Taking stress out of your life especially money stress is always a good thing and hopefully you will be getting good health insurance from your new job and that helps bring peace also Good Luck.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:24 AM

I appreciate every thing you have done for me and this forum in general. I wish you and your family the best of luck.

I think you will enjoy playing as a hobby, if you decide to do that down the road. You will really enjoy playing with no pressure and will get the love for the game back. Either way, good luck.

edit: go Bucks
Old 03-17-2006, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Best of luck, and thanks for all you have contributed.

As a dad of 3 myself, my only advice is "man to man" no longer works, switch to zone defense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really got to work on the weak-side help, though.