Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 03:55 PM

Default Re: How many raises?

[ QUOTE ]
I think the 5-bet, call 6 on the river is more than obvious here. With no re-raise from him pf, it's hard to put him on KK. It seems like K7,K8 even suited are a little out of his range, and would probably have been bet on the turn if he plays straight forwardly like you say. Some sort of nut/near nut flush is what the hand looks like. I think this post was motivated by the result a lot more than the play. FWIW, I think the turn check is silly and makes your hand transparent (see below). I guess that's the only justification you might use for not taking it to 5 on the river, the fact that you made your hand extremely clear on the turn, and then he still jams you on the river.

"
I check, the button checks. I was going for the check-raise. The villian tends to just call down after I have shown aggression. He may think his king is outkicked. I figured he would bet the turn for sure."

You should re-read this also, it makes no sense. You say you're going for the c/r, but say he tends to call down after he sees aggression, so how do you plan to c/r? Then you say he might think his king is outkicked, but you thought he'd bet the turn for sure. If he is scared and tends to call down, I don't know why you go for the check raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree I should have bet the turn, however, I think what I wrote as far as going for the turn check-raise makes sense. I will put it another way. If I bet the turn he just calls usually even if he has a King(this is where he may think he is outkicked). If I check the turn, he will bet, thinking I don't have a King Therefore giving me a chance to raise(obviously this is not the way it turned out which gives even more reason to bet the turn). With the flush draw out there I should have bet.

If he doesn't have Quads on the turn here I think he does bet and my plan to check raise works those times he just has trip Kings.