Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 10:57 PM

Default Re: $5.50, Did I overplyed AK?

Yeah that's what i'm doing too. But that flop is too dangerous. And whatever raised us is coming with us and the best scenario is our opponent has bottom two. And with 40/60 still going all in is good? I think making pot-sized bet to give him wrong odds isn't possible. He knows that what hand raised pre-flop UTG and bet pot-sized is coming with him to the end and has godly implied odds. And besides you know the donks.They always have implied odds and they're not folding with that board. This is a tough spot and hard to get away. I would go all in too probably(But hey, forums are for discussing).
I think you must have very very little respect for 5$ players. At least they fold %0.001 of the time and they don't always have Ace-rag. Or maybe when i play there are always sharks on my table :/
The only thing wrong about this hand is small pre-flop raise.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:57 AM

Ero, I definitely had your thoughts too.

My flop bet pretty much committed myself I believe. I had like a 30-40% gut feeling that I was going against 2 pair or better but I did had SOME outs even after getting the money in.

Thanks for the comments
Old 10-23-2007, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah that's what i'm doing too. But that flop is too dangerous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Erm. In that case, don't put any money in. Dude, if you're calling the raise, you're getting it in. You are committing a ton of chips to just fold on the turn, and there aren't that many cards will make you give up anyway. If you're not calling a raise on that flop, don't bet. Better to allow the other guy to bet into you. They mostly don't bet enough, and you'll get weaker hands to pay you a little that might fold if you bet decently on the flop. I read somewhere on this forum that you should never bet if you don't know what you'll do if you're raised and that's damned good advice in my view.

[ QUOTE ]
And whatever raised us is coming with us and the best scenario is our opponent has bottom two.

[/ QUOTE ]

No dude, the best scenario is ace-rag. AJ isn't too bad either.

[ QUOTE ]
And with 40/60 still going all in is good?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are convinced he has bottom two at worst, you have a supereasy fold. But I don't see at all why you would be convinced of that.

[ QUOTE ]
I think making pot-sized bet to give him wrong odds isn't possible. He knows that what hand raised pre-flop UTG and bet pot-sized is coming with him to the end and has godly implied odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, at this level, I'd take some convincing most players get past "OMIGOD MY ACE PAIRED!!!"

[ QUOTE ]
And besides you know the donks.They always have implied odds and they're not folding with that board.

[/ QUOTE ]

True. I don't expect to fold anyone out. I push for value for exactly that reason.

[ QUOTE ]
This is a tough spot and hard to get away. I would go all in too probably(But hey, forums are for discussing).
I think you must have very very little respect for 5$ players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mostly play $5 tourneys and I'm beginning to learn that the number of players who will get it in with A-rag here is enough to make up for times I'm beat.

[ QUOTE ]
At least they fold %0.001 of the time and they don't always have Ace-rag. Or maybe when i play there are always sharks on my table :/
The only thing wrong about this hand is small pre-flop raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well no. If you don't like the flop, betting it was another thing wrong. And anyway, a guy who will call a 3BB raise with QTs will probably call a bigger one too.

I have basically one thought at the early levels of an SNG: am I getting it in here? If the answer's no, I'm pretty much getting out cheaply or getting to a showdown as cheaply as I can. Later in the tourney, I ditch the "or".