Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 11:51 PM

Default Is This Being Unreasonable? MiniGrimstarred.

tl:dr?

Poker based, but moreso regarding friendship.

About a year ago I met a person at the poker table, online, female, lives relatively close to me. We struck up converation and soon became friends, online buds and nothing more, MSN etc.

Introduced her to a poker forum and my friends, strictly online but real life friends and even family members who all play poker. Proceeded to help her out with her game, fixing leaks and giving many hours of advice and table watching helping her form a fairly decent game.

I play a wide range of stakes, mid-high for earning potential, and low stakes with friends and family where we often try to sit together and go after each other's stacks. All good fun. Early on when I met her I threw some chips her way as I saw she wasn't buying in full, told her not to worry about it. We joked that she could pay me back we she got rich and famous.

About 6 months later, she goes on a bit of a heater and makes some good money for her, like 3 or 4 k in a few days. She asks me then if I would like the money back. I told her that what I would appreciate instead of paying me back any money, was to make a small donation to Barry's then running 'loldonkaments' Childrens Charity, to which I was an anonymous donor. 20 or w/e dollars I told her would be fine. This didn't happen after a number of reminders, but hey I thought, no biggie, she is a busy person and I guess and just repeatedly forgot. Chit Happens.

A few weeks back I am playing her on a table, a freaking nickel 10 $ buyin tbl. along with another friend, and am completely drunk and donking off chips like mad and having fun. She had about 5 of my buy ins, the night is getting late and I am about to go, and I ask her, "Wanna do a flip next hand before I go?"

She knows what it means. Says, "Ok." Cards get dealt and all fold to her, with only me to act behind, timer winds down to like 3 secs and she folds. WTF? I just got Grimmed?

I type in a quick 'lol wow respect lost', say 'gnite' and im out.

I've received several e-mails from her, apologizing for it. BUT saying she did it becuz she had ACES and didn't want her drunk buddies 10$. She has gone to my personal life friends and tried to say the same thing. As much as I thought she might be a decent person, I also know she is competitive, too competitive I believe to fold Aces. We (my family and friends) all agree it sounds like bullchit.

She can't understand now why I consider that $10 to be a very cheap lesson learned, or possibly a very costly one as she maintains she values my friendship. But I no longer wish to be a friend to her as a result of it. 10 dollars means nothing, I maintain, but the act said everything.

So am I being a moral nit? If you got this far, thx in advance for any responses.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:53 PM

Default Re: Is This Being Unreasonable? MiniGrimstarred.

Hand history or she's lying.

edit: she's obviously lying and $50 is an amount of money she takes too seriously to lose. Whether risking your online "friendship" over this by hassling her is something only you can decide. I recommend you ask her out for a hot fudge sundae to talk about it.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:54 PM

holy crap you're a huge nit, please go outside and get some natural light as i sense that it has been a while...
Old 10-22-2007, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
she's lying.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

edit: Nice edit
Old 10-22-2007, 11:57 PM

you wrote a lot without telling anything.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:03 AM

sex her
Old 10-23-2007, 12:15 AM

IaW,

It was a dude anyway.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:37 AM

El D,

Wasn't a dude. Spoken often with, seen, know where she works. Part of me wants to say I'm just being a nit about it, let it go, for by all accounts she seemed like a good person and seriously what the hell is $10?

I wasn't all that far from inviting her to come for a visit, as I was knew she was interested. I may just be an overly careful person, dunno really, but this seemingly small thing just ended a potentially decent friendship, or any advancement of it.

10 dollars today, then what tomorrow?

I guess I have answered my own question in the process of typing/thinking this through. Maybe just needed to do it I imagine and figured a few other anonymous perspectives couldn't hurt.

And yea, I do need to get out more and see the sunshine. 6-8 hrs of poker a day catches up.

Bahh
Old 10-23-2007, 12:48 AM

Whose gimmick are you? Give us a hint.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:03 AM

when we switch to the new software it is gonna be SO easy to tell who these people are, and then bantown for reallz yo
Closed Thread