Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 08:58 PM

Default KK 5/5

Same game as my other post. Background- I'm mostly a limit player so apologies if any of this is standard or straightforward. If it is though please tell me why.

5/5 live. Game is playing small. My stack is 550. 1 early limper, MP makes it 25 (covers by 200$ or so), button calls, I have red kings in SB and make it 110. Limper folds, MP thinks for a long time and calls, button folds. I'm putting MP squarely on 10s, Js, or Qs.

Flop: J 7 3 rainbow. I bet 150, leaving almost 300$ behind. MP thinks for about 10sec and moves in. Snap call?

Thanks

Leon
Old 10-22-2007, 09:05 PM

Default Re: KK 5/5

Yes this is a snap call as well. He would shove here with QQ and maybe TT as well (put you on AK), and I've seen some seriously insane moves in live games. I mean, if you said he had A7 I would be like 'yeah makes sense, live game'.

You can never fold KK here unless you have an unbelievable read and the guy is a nit
Old 10-22-2007, 10:18 PM

" I'm putting MP squarely on 10s, Js, or Qs."

This seems a bit small. If you have that good a read on him....word up.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:17 PM

The range I gave him was a little wider, but 10s-Qs seemed the most likely. His body language with the call seemed to scream pair to me. As an aside, what do you think is a reasonable range for an unknown given the action (he opens, caller, then me (sb) repops, and he calls)?

Thanks

Leon
Old 10-22-2007, 11:26 PM

leon- He didn't 'open' the action. Technically their was a limper in first. Thus the dynamic of his raise has to be adjusted (even if just slightly). I realize this is nitty but it should not be overlooked.

I would tend to throw in hands like AJs+ into the mix for an unknown.

As played if you are correct with this read then you win 2/3 times here, right? So I can't see how anything but a call is correct.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:30 PM

turbosnapcall, ppl play like [censored] live
Old 10-22-2007, 11:32 PM

Yep, you're right about the action.

That was essentially the range I gave him (AJ+, 10s+).

I'm definitely ahead if he'll push anything else in his range other than JJ. My question is, do typical opponents really stack off like this with those hands?

THanks

Leon
Old 10-22-2007, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yep, you're right about the action.

That was essentially the range I gave him (AJ+, 10s+).

I'm definitely ahead if he'll push anything else in his range other than JJ. My question is, do typical opponents really stack off like this with those hands?

THanks

Leon

[/ QUOTE ]

leon the second you made 110 with a 100bb stack preflop and was called, enless theres an ace on the flop the only question you gotta ask yourself is how quick and how you get your chips in the middle
Old 10-23-2007, 12:02 AM

Bikini- I don't agree with that sentiment. Not to say I am not stacking off here. Just saying their are more then just A high flops that I am not comfortable getting it all in.

Leon- Live, they tend to be looser then online in terms of their bet sizing and perceived hand strength. This equals stacking off much lighter then top set only.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bikini- I don't agree with that sentiment. Not to say I am not stacking off here. Just saying their are more then just A high flops that I am not comfortable getting it all in.

Leon- Live, they tend to be looser then online in terms of their bet sizing and perceived hand strength. This equals stacking off much lighter then top set only.

[/ QUOTE ]

well obviously theres the occasional 987 monotone flops and [censored] but I think he can figure that out