Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 02:28 PM

Default AA four way action facing small raise

BTN is unknown, he just sat down like 3 hands ago.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $27.65
UTG: $24.50
Hero (MP): $61.35
CO: $24.45
BTN: $26.20
SB: $23.85

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $0.85, SB calls $0.75, BB calls $0.60

Flop: ($3.40) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2.70</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $7</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero... </font>
Old 10-22-2007, 02:50 PM

Default Re: AA four way action facing small raise

This is a pretty sucky spot. Villan is so new that it's tough to assign him any kind of range, and if you call here you are going to have a very hard time getting to showdown without your whole stack in the middle. You probably have to decide on the flop whether or not you want to go with this hand.

He could be drawing, and raising with two hearts or a hand like 44 OTB is a pretty decent play for him in this spot. If you reraise over the top of him, you are most likely getting your money in good. The hands you worry about most on this board are 33, 55, and 66.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:52 PM

That is a rough spot to have NO reads on. I think you have to pay off a set here.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:10 PM

Question:

Considering the possibility villain see's Hero's action as an empty c-bet and that villain has a little something of his own (top pair, FD, SD, small OP, etc.) and want's to cut down the field, doesn't this actually make it nearly impossible to fold?
Old 10-22-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Question:

Considering the possibility villain see's Hero's action as an empty c-bet and that villain has a little something of his own (top pair, FD, SD, small OP, etc.) and want's to cut down the field, doesn't this actually make it nearly impossible to fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I'm 3betting this flop all day. If he's got a set or weird straight he gets my money. He could have all kinds of hands you beat (overpair, 44, FD, etc).
Old 10-22-2007, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Question:

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO yes. This board looks like it would have missed us, and I think draws and overpairs do this a lot. I shove here.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:01 PM

Agree- shove here

Having a hard time saying that since my AA was stacked off by sets three times Sunday. Two times I was AI preflop and the third was on a board like this.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:28 PM

So I guess the general consensus here is there is no way to find a fold, calling is probably terrible, so this is a pretty standard shove?
Old 10-22-2007, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I guess the general consensus here is there is no way to find a fold, calling is probably terrible, so this is a pretty standard shove?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and for a few reasons. One is that he might stack off with an overpair here and you'll lose that value on the turn if an overcard hits. Also, you need to punish draws obviously. The best reason though, is there are practically no cards that you really want to see on the turn, save the Ad. A lot of other cards might either make your opponents hand or scare a worse hand away from calling.