Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 10:00 AM

Default Re: J6c 3/6 LHE game OTB

I havenīt looked at the replies yet but this is wat I do..

Preflop is good.

On the flop I allways raise for a freecard.

I raise de river.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On the flop I allways raise because I have a massive equity edge with 6 people in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP, euro
Old 10-22-2007, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
On the flop I allways raise because I have a massive equity edge with 6 people in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP, euro

[/ QUOTE ]

just call and let everyone in with their silly hands. That's better than getting HU with trips. Your equity edge can only be realized when everyone puts their dollars in. Like, you can't say "well it's a 6 way pot and I will win more than 1/6th of the time, so FEUER FREI, because when it ends up 3 ways in this spot instead of 5 ways, you just cost yourself a bunch of money.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP, euro

[/ QUOTE ]

just call and let everyone in with their silly hands. That's better than getting HU with trips. Your equity edge can only be realized when everyone puts their dollars in. Like, you can't say "well it's a 6 way pot and I will win more than 1/6th of the time, so GOGOGOO, because when it ends up 3 ways in this spot instead of 5 ways, you just cost yourself a bunch of money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I miss something? I thought like four people had already called a flop bet when the action came to hero.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP, euro

[/ QUOTE ]

just call and let everyone in with their silly hands. That's better than getting HU with trips. Your equity edge can only be realized when everyone puts their dollars in. Like, you can't say "well it's a 6 way pot and I will win more than 1/6th of the time, so GOGOGOO, because when it ends up 3 ways in this spot instead of 5 ways, you just cost yourself a bunch of money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I miss something? I thought like four people had already called a flop bet when the action came to hero.

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong. MP bet, not sb. everyone called AFTER hero called. not before.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:34 PM

So then there's just the one bet facing hero, right? Well, then it's a call. Of course, that was not at all the point of fixing euro's post, but hey, I don't want to nitpick. It's not like I was pointing out a concept or anything.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So then there's just the one bet facing hero, right? Well, then it's a call. Of course, that was not at all the point of fixing euro's post, but hey, I don't want to nitpick. It's not like I was pointing out a concept or anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

No raise preflop (cost $1 more), 1 bet to me on the flop, I bet the turn, and I called 1 bet on the river.

Thanks everyone.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:11 PM

Okay, not tossing in $1 for a hand on the SB and OTB with ATC is a leak - I agree - but, I hope a small one.

I figure winning 50% because the odds for the 3nd nut flush to be good is 75% - so I will lose on average 25% (as this case - he had nut flush K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]) I figure that someone with spike a set 2 outs (5%) and someone might have a weak T and catch a 5 or a T (10%) and that one of the 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] will hit and I will lose to the K or Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] - so I estimate 50%.

Not raising the river and folding to a re-raise is another leak. That is what happens when you head gets soft by repeatedly losing with good cards.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:16 PM

I wouldn't even fold to a reraise on the river in this hand. Raise/call.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't even fold to a reraise on the river in this hand. Raise/call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah folding is dumb. It is not only me. I saw a hand between UTG and UTG+1 (I was UTG+2) - river 3rd [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] hit and UTG bet, UTG+1 raised, UTG called - UTG+1 had Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] flush and UTG had J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] flush.