Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 08:23 AM

Default 44$ Pary Poker Monster Draw on Flop

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1614835

Hi,

first of all sorry for the english cause i'm german.

To topic now:

After a minraise and a call i get the odds to call with high suited connectors in position.
The Flop is very nice, Flush+Straight draw and Overcards, so ein Raise the small bet and the call to build up a nice pot if i hit and to play HU.

The turn isn't very well so i take the freecard here.

River is close: I am beaten but the pot is big and i showed strength and he didn't on 4th anf 5th street.

So I bluff here and set him allin.

Do you like the spot here and the bet sequence? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Best regards

gerlucker
Old 10-22-2007, 09:15 AM

Default Re: 44$ Pary Poker Monster Draw on Flop

Hi gerlucker,

welcome to the forum!

To your hand: what was your plan on the flop? I did not completely understand, what you wanted to accomplish. Why should you want to play your monster draw HU? You should get max. value if you donīt reduce the field. A reasonable plan could be to get a freecard - as happened. But then you telegraph your hand pretty well and a thinking player would unmask your push on the river as a bluff pretty quickly.

Said this, I either had flatcalled the flop or made a smaller raise (to keep the field but get a freecard). If you really planned to play this HU and build a big pot I had made a much larger raise to commit myself to the pot (like 900) and shoved the rest on the turn. But this would have been my least preferred line ...

As played here I donīt think that you had to shove the river. If Villain had had a hand he had called you. If he had had a draw as well (maybe with an A) a smaller bet might have scared him away as well - without risking your whole stack - besides it had looked much stronger than a shove (which makes pretty clear that YOU were on a draw). [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

EDIT:

By the way - it shows much more respect to the users of this forum and the people you expect an answer from when you post your HH - cleanly converted - in THIS forum and not on an external server.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:26 AM

Hi,

first thx for this nice answer.

my first reaction after playing the hand was also that it was missplayed and i agree with you i all points especially on the river.

But what's wrong when i want to play my Draw HU. It's a quiet good but not a monsterhand.
Ans when i play HU my equity grows and i have more foldequity.
You're right when you say that my raise was to small, 900 sounds quite better.

Okay next time i'll post my comlete HH as an original.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[...] But what's wrong when i want to play my Draw HU. It's a quiet good but not a monsterhand. [...]

[/ QUOTE ]

A combo-draw on the flop actually IS a monsterhand - you were the favourite even against AA (AA had 44%, you had 56%)!!!! And when you get your (non-flush) straight - you have the nuts. When you get your flush, you have the 3rd-nuts-flush. Who else should beat you then?

=> No reason for thinning the field.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:48 AM

Either make it like 700 and push turn, or flat call and go from there.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:52 AM

okay thx for the answers.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

By the way - it shows much more respect to the users of this forum and the people you expect an answer from when you post your HH - cleanly converted - in THIS forum and not on an external server.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, I don't know if it was you or someone else who commented on this a couple of weeks ago, but I remember questioning it. Why is disrespectful to other posters to include a link to pokerhand.org? The site converts the hands in a nice and comprehensive way. What's wrong with that? It's not exactly restraining to click on the link with your mouse, is it? Using pokerhand.org is much, much better than posting raw hand histories like many other does...
Old 10-22-2007, 02:37 PM

I did not make that announcement before - or maybe it was much longer ago ... [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Nevertheless I donīt like to open another window to see the HH. Surely youīre right - much worse are people who post raw histories. But if someone wants answers from THIS forum he might take the effort to convert the HH for THIS forum. This is not meant as an offense and OP surely did not mean it desrespectful (!!) but personally I like it more.