Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 05:44 PM

Default Re: Question for you veterans...

Some good posts to get you on your way to finding some leaks.

How do you review your PT sessions

leakcheck Poker Tracker filters

and Pokey's famous How To Use Poker Tracker which was written for NL but has helped me find some room for improvement.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:47 PM

Some leaks I have (I'm sure there are plenty more):

General:
1) Whining too much about beats
2) Not thinking long enough about some decissions
3) Playing longer sessions when I'm stuck, trying to get even, than when I'm winning.

In play leaks:

1) Playing LAGs: Giving too much action in some spots and not getting full value in others. In short my tempo is off agaisnt them.
2) Playing big aces UI: Learn when it's ok to show down and when I need to fold.
3) Blind wars: Spewing too much, without much thought.
4) Finding folds agisnt solid players: I call down in some spots where I just have to be beaten. I need to trust myself enough to fold.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:14 AM

*Bump*
Come on you old and crusty veterans, I know there is wealth of insight just waiting to be unleashed upon your keyboard.

More importantly you newbies need to be posting some questions, I'm sure there are plenty of misconceptions you have.

Btw, I have a couple of weeks for my UB bonus to clear before moving to another site. So until then I will be conductng a very intensive poker study period. Thus, I'm pitching a tent here in the microlimits forum this is where I will live for the next few weeks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

If anyone is interested in exchanging a few hands and discussing them, drop me a PM ( I play mainly low limit full ring ).

P.S. Does anyone else HATE UB?
Old 10-22-2007, 12:21 AM

Old 10-22-2007, 02:51 AM

I just discovered my leaks were in the K9 and KT hands, both suited and offsuited. Havent' really figured out what causes the leak, but possibly due to 2nd flush hand, or top K pair with a mid kicker. Have yet to delve into these hands...

But one think I realise, is that since the players here are so passive, a donk bet normally means I'm beat, if I'm holding only a top split pair on a coordinated board. I'm not sure when I'm really beaten, and that 'feel' is very hard to grasp. I usually call down, and end up spewing 2-3BB. Probably the most important thing to do to able to solve that, is to improve on villians' hand ranging.