Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2007, 08:40 PM

Default Re: Do you guys want a split between micros and low/mid stakes?

I play 200nl and 400nl but I agree I think 100nl should be included with the mid/upper stakes and 50nl and below in the lower stakes. 100nl is kinda like 50nl and kinda like 200nl it's like the transition into mid stakes I guess you could say.
I really hope this goes through so we can get some good discussion about mid/high stakes going I myself have came leapes and bounds in my game this year allot due to 2+2 and allot due to a few coaching sessions. I could care less if we only get 10 new threads a day who cares if we only get 2 new threads a day it doesn't cost any one any money or trouble why not split them up. If the micro guys want to ask questions they can always PM or AIM most of the good players that post here and I know for myself they are always happy to help or just shoot the [censored] with you about poker and both forums are just a click away it's not like you will be blocked from reading/posting in any forum.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:52 PM

Pokerboy made a good point in the other thread.

CMAR posted about who had made comments in the 100nl+ threads. He is missing one name, mine. I don't post much advice because the horrid advice is so hard to combat and then when you try to correct anyone they think you are a retart. The thing is I am def. not the best player here, I would like to consider myself top 25 or so but I might be pushing that. But when I see GM start a thread and 20+ people agree(who are all at 25nl) and I am thinking WTF???, there is a problem. Usually Renton will jump in and correct everyone, but I feel like I don't have the authority to try to correct a bunch of people at once because I still have so much to learn that I def. might be wrong [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

That was me personally, but on a whole:
200nl+ players do not get 25nl anymore. 25nl players do not understand some things about 400nl. A split would unclutter the forum so much and it would be amazing for the development of both types of players.

On a note:
I think we still have a very strong "community" aspect. I respect the many many many players that are better than me and respect the ones who might not be. I like everyone here and have no "beef." I think all of us should still be posting in each others' NC threads for the month and all but strat wise I just think it would be best if we split.

GL All, Hope I didn't offend anyone.

Edit: Splitting it at 200nl+ is not going to happen. Would be great for the elitists here but the traffic would be too little. 100nl needs to be included in the higher forum if not only for traffic reasons, but because 100nl players are usually competent although definitely learning at that stage. Most also realize they aren't where they are because of luck and still need to learn, IMO. I don't think I was very good at 100nl, but a lot of them are. They belong to the high stakes group, IMO [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2007, 03:14 AM

imo I think there is the largest jump between nl100 and nl200. At nl200 you begin playing more regulars. Furthermore, the game plays a whole lot more aggro. I see a 3bet like every 10 min 12 tabling at nl100. At nl200 someone is getting 3bet like every orbit. Also, nl200 is the first level that you really need to be able to play back at people and read the board. I think the nl100 game flows very similarly to nl50. This is coming from someone who has played all 3 levels in the past two months.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you build a higher stakes FR forum they will come.

I would post more that is for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-21-2007, 03:27 AM

Well, the fact is you really only have N200 and NL400...FR any higher is very limited! Dont we discuss this every month? I do agree....all the relevant threads to higher limit players get bumped quickly by NL25!
Old 10-21-2007, 12:32 PM

Then just dont read the posts that have "25NL" in the post title. Since you are so highly intelligent, surely you can figure this out.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I always make the effort to clearly put the level I play at in the subject...

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe this should be mandatory and any post subject that doesn't have the level can be deleted by the mod. Posters will conform quickly.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Then just dont read the posts that have "25NL" in the post title. Since you are so highly intelligent, surely you can figure this out.

[/ QUOTE ]
The point was the discussions get bumped down the page, not that I was too intelligent. I don't think theres even enough traffic for a split, but you cant tell because when uyou click on full ring and look at the first ten posts...90% are 25 or 50 nl....mid stakes players wouldnt bother. I read it because I play 95% full ring games.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I always make the effort to clearly put the level I play at in the subject...

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe this should be mandatory and any post subject that doesn't have the level can be deleted by the mod. Posters will conform quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]

we enforce the level in the subject line usually.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
While we are discussing a split, how about a live play forum? A lot of the B&M players feel like they have no place to post strategy posts and live plays completely different from online.

[/ QUOTE ]

big thinker

B&M forum

[/ QUOTE ]

ORLY? They now have strategy posts at B&M???

Find out what your talking about before making smart a$$ remarks, strategy posts are not allowed over there.