Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2007, 11:26 PM

Default Re: Turn two pair, gross river

def. 3b pf if you want to play this hand. on the river fold>raise>call.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:52 PM

Calling preflop isn't an awful mistake, but as has been said in this thread, if he's constantly raising you from the SB use your position and 3-bet or take a look at a flop with something a bit better than 3 high. Once you've called preflop, though, folding flop would be truly awful.
I probably throw in a crying call on the river: You're probably good 1 in 6 and you get to see what kinds of hands he's playing.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:58 PM

I honestly think people here are too concerned with pf and not as much with post flop. Every hand I post I get criticized because it is not the default pf play. While playing default pf is easier, that doesnt necessarily mean it is best or even close to it. I called here b/c I felt I could outplay the opponent on many boards, but I realize I should have 3 bet or folded, that I admit. With regards to postflop, if I am willing to call or play a hand like 23, then I am going to call one bet in position with a pair on this type of board. Hell, sometimes I will call with nothing on some boards and take it away on the turn.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:13 AM

I think i call...hoping to see AK AQ 108 109 98 of clubs.
I can see some people doing this with AK of clubs here.
I saw a lot of things like this.
I might shove sometimes also but im not sure , really *flow of the match* dependant.

Also , pre-flop is find.I mean who cares 23 is the worst hand if you can outplay-outflop your opponant in position and you feel confortable with those situations.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:17 AM

Hand is played fine. Preflop, I call with any two vs. a frequent stealer. Their range often cannot withstand a raise on either the flop or turn. Additionally, this type of player will often fire 100% of flops and shut down on the turn.

The way it was played, I would call 100% of the time. Getting 6:1 justifies the times you will see A high or a missed flush draw.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:46 AM

I don't think you realize how much preflop sucks. As played I think postflop is fine, I probably fold river even getting 6:1 but it's all pretty meh to me
Old 10-22-2007, 01:51 AM

making horrible mistakes pf and defending them by saying you play unorthodox or non-standard doesn't make them any better (no offense). if you are so confident in your postflop skills, then 3-bet and win a larger pot if/when he calls.

edit: not trying to be redundant on pf, just trying to go along with your logic
Old 10-22-2007, 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I honestly think people here are too concerned with pf and not as much with post flop. Every hand I post I get criticized because it is not the default pf play. While playing default pf is easier, that doesnt necessarily mean it is best or even close to it. I called here b/c I felt I could outplay the opponent on many boards, but I realize I should have 3 bet or folded, that I admit. With regards to postflop, if I am willing to call or play a hand like 23, then I am going to call one bet in position with a pair on this type of board. Hell, sometimes I will call with nothing on some boards and take it away on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
so you woulda called w/ 27o here? b/c calling w/ 23 is pretty bad if you wanna have a chance of making some sort of hand with it.