Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2007, 02:22 PM

Default 2/4nl - ugh....river cr

Villain is 24/15/1.5

I hadn't seen him in too many big pots. The only pot I remember playing vs him was in a bvb situation where he was the bb and raised the flop with a backdoor fd.

No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $2/$4
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $790
UTG+1: $187
CO: $400.95
Button: $685.50
SB: $527
Hero: $400

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($16, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $12</font>, Hero calls, 2 folds.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($40, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $16</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $52</font>, SB calls.

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($144, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $124</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises all-in $459</font>, Hero thinks maybe he just shouldn't bet anymore : /
Old 10-21-2007, 03:06 PM

Default Re: 2/4nl - ugh....river cr

hmm, u caught the card u wanted to catch...I think you have to call so that yourplay just doesnt look to stupid.

But hard to see him doing this play with A.x or two-spades. 6.7, is probably what he got, but a missed flushdraw is not that far away. Id press Call and hope for the best, I think u owe urself a call the way u played it.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:34 PM

I usually just fold this on the flop, we have a sucker draw and two people left to act. As played I don't really see him bluffing the river, there aren't that many hands you'd raise turn and bet/fold rivers yourself except bluffs.

I don't really like the river bet either after he calls the turn raise, though that might be results oriented on my part. What do we want him to call with, As7s?
Old 10-21-2007, 04:40 PM

i think raising the flop is better than calling it... folding isn't the worst either

i think you have to bet the river for value, but then you have to fold to his cr... i think this is def for value by villain
Old 10-21-2007, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hmm, u caught the card u wanted to catch...I think you have to call so that yourplay just doesnt look to stupid.

But hard to see him doing this play with A.x or two-spades. 6.7, is probably what he got, but a missed flushdraw is not that far away. Id press Call and hope for the best, I think u owe urself a call the way u played it.

[/ QUOTE ]

so any time you make a hand after you were semi-bluffing, you're obligated to call? I see...
Old 10-21-2007, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you look even stupider when SB flips 56/67 and you knew it . . .