Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2007, 11:19 AM

Default Re: QQ against 22/18, pots getting big, turn line?

Nothing villain could reasonably have beats you here that I can think of. His c/c is really odd, however. Sets or overpairs would have bet to protect their hands from the draws...hm, 78s would really like that flop if it 3bet light.

IDK, alarm bells are ringing, but I don't think you can check this turn. Pot control is kinda out the window as you have less than a psb. If he's giving you cards with a monster, I guess he deserves the money.

He called my 3bet light pf last night with A8s after uber-fish in BB cold called -- stacked my overpair with an oesfd on the flop. I couldn't argue with his post flop play on that one... but I was kinda pissed that a "good" player called me that light there pf, given that uber fish probably had his A out-kicked.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:24 AM

I play 22/18 and my range in the sb here is any PP, lots of SCs and AK, AQ, AJs etc - I think you have to be ahead here after 2 checks. I would rather bet the turn to protect my hand than play guessing games on the river if we check the turn behind. Bet $30 and call shove, check river behind if checked to.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:29 AM

if villain is ANY good at all (his stats and 3betting frequency suggest he has a clue) you are playing for stacks already cos he'll push (or should push) ANY river card. if you check this turn

Get it all-in now and take your medicine. You have an Overpair - villain has 3bet you twice already and folded to stiff opposition - the pot:stacksize ratio is very favourable for a one pair hand - we are pretty well committed to this pot - so push em in. If you back off the gas here this villain will start owning you with preflop 3bets more often I think.

Lets say he has KK and snap calls and drags the pot - in the future if he 3bets you preflop and you flat call he might well skew his opinion of your preflop 3bet calling range. Which gives you licence to mix it up more and get him to make big expensive mistakes somewhere down the road - you gotta think long term.

Edit: missed half a sentence Edit in italics

tho I like the bet $30 call shove/ check behind river if checked to otherwise call any bet line better than pushing the turn here I think.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well it's a big pot, the board is very drawy and we have probably the best hand. So I'd say we do have a lot of equity to protect, on both the flop and turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i guess i was making more of a general comment. in this hand i think i'm saying flop is more WA/WB than it appears, to the extent that a check is indicated.

turn you have to get it in.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:30 PM

i agree with most everyone else. cant see how u wouldnt stack off. and i think u r in good shape. wut hand that beats u does he check the flop AND the turn. cant imagine he is doin this with KK+. i think he has a medium strength hand here a ton of the time
Old 10-21-2007, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i agree with most everyone else. cant see how u wouldnt stack off. and i think u r in good shape. wut hand that beats u does he check the flop AND the turn. cant imagine he is doin this with KK+. i think he has a medium strength hand here a ton of the time

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean everyone except me (since i'm the only one advocating a flop check)? i've said twice already that turn play for stacks. villains turn check has no relevance to the flop question, which is where the disagreement is.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:04 PM
 is offline

Hero bets 33$ and calls a shove.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:11 PM

against pkt_diamonds Im stacking off here everytime
Old 10-21-2007, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

He called my 3bet light pf last night with A8s after uber-fish in BB cold called -- stacked my overpair ... but I was kinda pissed that a "good" player called me that light there pf,

[/ QUOTE ]

meant to pick up on this earlier.

i) don't get pissed when people call you light - adapt and use that info against them.

ii)Sooted aces are great hands to call 3 bets with cos you stand a good chance of flopping an Ace and busting someones KK/QQ/JJ as well as making a flush/2pair to beat them as well.

Axs is a ~30/70 dog preflop to KK. Once the flop comes down you're either crushed or in a position to make a +EV call/push (once you take into account things like dead money in the pot already the remaining stacksizes and possible fold equity) and it's usually pretty easy to tell which it is - i.e whiff the flop fold - hit the flop get the chips in... As long as you make sure your implied odds are good enough either by not calling tooo big a preflop bet relative to your stack (thus keeping a favourable stack/potsize ratio)or by having more than 1 villain to play with Axs can be a nice little earner - and obv like every hand it's MUCH better played n position.(LDO)
Old 10-21-2007, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero bets 33$ and calls a shove.

[/ QUOTE ]