Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2007, 05:14 PM

Default I am such a wuss

This is my third hand at the table, so I have no reads whatsoever.

I have been undergoing quite the downswing, every monster I get has been getting coolered. It is starting to affect how I play when I way more than likely have the have the best of it.

Full Tilt 0.25/0.5 Hold'em (9 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (19.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets $0.35 (All-In)</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, MP3 calls.

River: (27 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players, 1 all-in)</font>
SB checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $0.3 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 29.40 BB

This is a huge pot, five players every street.

The flop I realize is great. It is rainbow, with an over. I hope someone raised with AK, KQ, ect...

The turn, Jack. My first thought "Great someone filled there gutshot on me again." especially when the cutoff goes from calling to taking control.

The river, I am screaming for a board pair... Doesn't come, Deuce. Doesn't change anything. Its a big pot and I should be raising but I have this awful feeling that my monster is behind... again...

-Should I have been capping every street? with each street having a new aggressor, and each street being five handed.

-Has a 300BB Downswing ever affected your play as bad as this? Anytime I don't have the nuts or at least close to I have started expecting to see the hands showdown better than mine.

-when is session review? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Please tear me a new one... I need it.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:17 PM

Default Re: I am such a wuss

Even if you are beat by CO, you would do well if you raised the river and collected some money from the other two players who are calling down with almost definitely worse than second set.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even if you are beat by CO, you would do well if you raised the river and collected some money from the other two players who are calling down with almost definitely worse than second set.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a very good point, I hadn't thought of that at the time. Thank you.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:58 PM

CO's raise on the turn isnt as threatening as it would otherwise be given that he is basically out of money. he is possibly stacking off and your hand can easily be good here. Here the Q I'd be asking myself is whats the best way to get more value for my set from those who arent going to be all in?
Old 10-20-2007, 10:34 PM

You really have to look at short stack situations aggressively when you have a good hand, when you have a great hand its even more imperative to be aggressive.

No one is folding here because of the pot size. So many guys are calling with prayers. Push these hard. Split the pot as soon as possible and then make decisions from there.

Often enough even if you are beat you make up the loss with the remaining callers.

Being aggressive with shortstacked pot committed limit players is imperative to reducing variance.

In this case the reduced variance is good for you because you have equity edge against many players here.

Aggression here wins more and loses less more than any other situation.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:47 PM

yeah your probly behind.

raise anyway
Old 10-21-2007, 11:54 AM

* g *

you seemed to have missed a turn raise there, there was still a great chance that you were ahead, you had 10 out if you were behind, and the first bettor was all-in, so no need to fear a reraise from him and the raiser had only 0.30 dollars left so he couldn't cap it either... your raise wouldn't have knocked anyone out though, as all could call the crippled triple bet with as little as a gutshot in such a big pot...

as for the river, I would think that a raise for value could only be profitable if you had a read on the SB and MP3 as being calling stations, that it was very likely that at least one would call an 80 cent bet with a lesser hand, but without that read going for overcalls seems fine, IMHO, with the assumption that the 2 ops will more likely call a single crippled bet with a lesser hand, but not a crippled bet and a raise...
Old 10-21-2007, 11:37 PM

These short stack guys, they are desperate, and hope their hands hold. I won't be surprised if they hit a two pair with the J on the river. Try to cap the river to extract from the callers!
Old 10-22-2007, 12:55 AM

I raise the river and try to build a side-pot with people you obviously have beaten. I think 3-betting the turn would probably be spew without a read.