Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2007, 10:36 AM

Default 10nl - AJs in BB - Missed Value bet??

So basically ive logged 30k hands at 25nl,50nl, 100nl with a winrate of 7ptbb/100 but I had a downswing and am looking to get back to basics and work on my game at 10nl before stepping back up. I think a lot of my winnings were due to running well, and I need a more solid understanding of the game.

This is my first hand at the table so no reads, and im not sure if I like the preflop call, also i think i missed a value bet on the river....Thoughts?

Full Tilt Poker, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

UTG: $13.15
CO: $10.60
BTN: $9.55
SB: $15.20
Hero (BB): $10.35

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $0.35</font>, CO calls $0.35, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.25

Flop: ($1.10) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 5 (3 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $0.80</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $0.80

Turn: ($2.70) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, UTG checks

River: ($2.70) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, UTG checks

Old 10-21-2007, 10:52 AM

Default Re: 10nl - AJs in BB - Missed Value bet??

http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php

convert your hand and i'll take a look at it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2007, 11:14 AM

fold preflop.

You are OOP with Ace rag vs an UTG raiser - not good.

You can argue that morans at 10NL play Ace anything frequently enough to make playing A9 AT AJ profitable OOP but it's a bad habit to get into for higer levels I think.

and yes as played VB river for ~$1 and expect him to fold often. I'd put him on KJ QJ JJ KKmaybe some kind of broadway hand that is sheet scared of the Ace that flopped. You can't get value out from Ax cos thats a split pot unless he has AK/AQ and you were always behind them anyway - but he will call oftentimes with KQ QJ JJ and other pretty 2nd pair hands you are ahead of.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fold preflop.

You are OOP with Ace rag vs an UTG raiser - not good.

You can argue that morans at 10NL play Ace anything frequently enough to make playing A9 AT AJ profitable OOP but it's a bad habit to get into for higer levels I think.

and yes as played VB river for ~$1 and expect him to fold often. I'd put him on KJ QJ JJ KKmaybe some kind of broadway hand that is sheet scared of the Ace that flopped. You can't get value out from Ax cos thats a split pot unless he has AK/AQ and you were always behind them anyway - but he will call oftentimes with KQ QJ JJ and other pretty 2nd pair hands you are ahead of.

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop fold would be my usual line here, just had a fishy moment :-) AJo is obviously junk here.