Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2007, 10:17 AM

Default Re: FTP greed

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I honestly don't think it's about greed. High MGR players who would play on FTP with rakeback don't if they can't get it. Allowing players to switch to rakeback accounts would set a bad precedent with respects to affiliates. Remember what happened on Party when people were dropping affiliates to get rakeback. It created a huge uproar and led to Party flatly saying that rakeback will no longer be allowed. You signed up through an affiliate, so that person did his job and got you to the site. They were paid already whether it was through a portion of ur rakeback or a sign up fee. Is it really fair to mandate that FTP pay another affiliate when somebody else got you to the site?

[/ QUOTE ]
^ Someone who is actually thinking about the situation logically.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree. I think this is a question of how FTP acquired you as a customer in the first place. FTP will most likely be thinking along the lines of "We didn't acquire you through an affiliate to which we pay $x,000's per year for your custom, so we must have acquired you through an alternative marketing source." The value of this can be worked outTotal annual marketing spend/players accquired through sources other than affiliates in that year = CPA (Cost per Acquisition)). In short, FTP's view is that your Rakeback has already been spent on acquiring you in the first place.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:30 AM

For every new customer getting rakeback, I think they will lose 2 old customers in the long run, I stopped playing there also. Its the same as the cell phone company giving free phones and discounts to get new customers after you just signed up again for another 2 year contract extention, and you got dik.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For every new customer getting rakeback, I think they will lose 2 old customers in the long run, I stopped playing there also. Its the same as the cell phone company giving free phones and discounts to get new customers after you just signed up again for another 2 year contract extention, and you got dik.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who would be stupid enough to sign a 2 year contract with a cellphone company and not upgrade their equipment?
Old 10-21-2007, 02:26 PM

what stops you from just making a new account with rakeback?
Old 10-21-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what stops you from just making a new account with rakeback?

[/ QUOTE ]
FT.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:59 PM

BEAT: stupid people in this thread
Old 10-21-2007, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just don't play on FT, I signed up like 3 days after they opened not through an affiliate and can't get RB without having my roommate or something sign up. Who cares, plenty of other sites with RB and FT isn't really soft anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

If your account isnt linked to an affiliate you can (or used to be able to) link it to one specifically to get RB.

Go to Rakeback forum and search around.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it would be better if all 2p2ers, with or without rb, left FTP. We should all band together to resolve this.

[/ QUOTE ]
i aggree totally you get this done ill just leave 2+2 and play there with only fishies after.