Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: My Sharkscope stats are off by:
Results, please 5 8.20%
0 % 35 57.38%
1-3 % 13 21.31%
4-6 % 2 3.28%
> 6 % 6 9.84%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 04:15 PM

Default Re: We haven\'t won yet: latest (10/19) cliff\'s notes on AP scandal

[quote
Can/should our sleuths concentrate on garnering pictures and other information on Scott's family? I've heard that even the mafia doesn't "pressure? family members?

gg

[/ QUOTE ]
My thinking is that such information could lead to more information on Scott himself. No need to post anything on family members unless it becomes pertinent.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:16 PM

Default Re: My $.02 about online poker and cheating

hardly

you gonna get banned

I've been banned before.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:18 PM

All,

Consider that

1.) A lot of evidence points towards Scott Tom being very high up in AP. While the sums of money made from this scandal are very significant, they would pale in comparison to what someone high up in the company was making. It is very obvious that AP lied in several instances, tried to initiate a cover up of whatever happened, acted unethically, etc... However people should be open to an explanation where they are VERY guilty of negligence, a cover up, and lying to us while not having Scott Tom involved in the exact manner that was initially thought. Of course, they could be trying another BS cover up in which case it will come out when the scory gets scrutinized (as it will given everyone faith in AP at the moment)Someone that high up has a lot more to gain by sucessfully covering up a big scandal than they do from stealing $1-2 million

2.) Nat and Andathar are very smart, and not going to buy into some [censored] fairy tail. They blew this thing wide open by being persistent and looking into any and all of angles of this, so they obviously are not just going to settle for one story that explains more of what has occurred.

3.) AP is dumb for thinking they could cover this up with the amount of hard data that existed. There is still a big leap from that to someone high up in the company cheating this transparently and risking a large equity stake in a hugley profitable company. They would have more to lose and less utility for the money.

I obv. hate absolute and think they are lying scumbags, but I am looking forward to this explanation. There are some things that don't make sense about this situation and we should be ready to examine this statement seriously since the only person with real insight (Nat) seems to think it's somewhat viable so far.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
“The fluttering of a butterfly's wings can effect climate changes on the other side of the planet”
this quote came to mind when wondering how absolute would decide (if they decided) to reimburse their players.
Even just 1 hand played differently could dramatically change the outcome of a tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

My bet is that they close up shop, keep everyone's $, and open up a new site again in a short while where they continue cheating players.

[/ QUOTE ]

ultimate bet? JK...but srsly where does UB stand in the middle of this thing ...they are owned by AP (supposedly)..but yet no1 mentions them and they arent getting dragged in the mud with AP
Old 10-20-2007, 04:21 PM

Well thats just a bunch simple BS. But go ahead and have the last word seeing as it is worth nothing. I won't waste time responding but maybe you should go back and read some of my posts more carefully including the one where Josem commented on his agreement. Except for the one admitted bad post they have been fine. If you don't like my posts then move on. I don't want it to be your biggest concern. Cheers.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:24 PM

it has probably already been said, but the only thing that's going to come of this (unless the site is totally brought down) is the upper management at absolute poker will be a little better at cheating. hopefully thanks to 2+2 they will earn little to no more money from their rigged high stakes games and tournaments (because nobody will be playing them) and will be forced into "grinding" 2/4 NL by perfectly folding every time you have KK vs AA and set under set.

i am literally amazed at how stupid these managers are. they reacted to this as if it were an email from tuff_fish. we really can't expect much out of them, though. they were caught red handed.

if a bank robber is caught with a burlap sack of money in his hand a block from the bank, it's in his interest to confess. the ultimate consequence these people will face is they will have to hide from hired thugs of furious high stakes players, and the forfeiture of their cash cow. it's not in their interest to confess.

sites like stars and full tilt could benefit from this by quietly becoming accredited by a well known and accountable US or European regulatory firm. i don't know much about this but i assume such firms exist outside of the phony ones created by companies who benefit from online gaming. this would earn them infinite brownie points from 2+2 and similar communities.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:30 PM

All,

As augie and exsub have pointed out, this could happen anywhere.

The only reason this has become public is because the cheaters were about as stupid as humanly possible and support was apparently pretty incompetent as well.

Playing at some of the smaller, newer sites that a lot of 2+2ers like to check out is incredibly high risk. Any marginally competent scammer could take players for huge amounts.

The bigger sites like Stars and Tilt have huge existing revenue streams to protect, so you're at least less likely to be cheated by an inside job there.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:33 PM

Default Why do you want pictures?

I've been following this in amazement and admiration for the community here breaking this open and I'm grateful for the stellar work that's been done, even as someone who's never played at Absolute.

I was compelled to sign up because I'm curious (since it's not just the mob, but also N 82 trying to find out); why is there so much concern over what Scott Tom looks like? Are people planning to hunt him down? To what end? I feel like I'm missing something obvious. It seems like if finding a picture was all that important, the sources within AP could provide one with relative ease.
Closed Thread