Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 04:23 PM

Default Re: Fun w/ TT

"That Mason would be willing raise a limper with Q9o from the HJ seems like evidence that he is capable of tilt rather than capable of pushing small edges. This can't be 'standard'."

Perhaps you're just hoping to egg Mason on to participate in this hand discussion. Because the fact that Mason raised a limper with Q-9 doesnt imply in the least that he's capable of tilt.

It might imply that he doesn't play well, if he was doing it as a "standard" play. It might imply that he knew the limper and felt it was right in this particular circumstance. I know several players against whom, with the right players in the cutoff, button and blinds, this would be a +EV play. Yet you don't see me turning up Q-9 too often and I doubt you would see Mason doing it regularly either.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"That Mason would be willing raise a limper with Q9o from the HJ seems like evidence that he is capable of tilt rather than capable of pushing small edges. This can't be 'standard'."

Perhaps you're just hoping to egg Mason on to participate in this hand discussion. Because the fact that Mason raised a limper with Q-9 doesnt imply in the least that he's capable of tilt.

It might imply that he doesn't play well, if he was doing it as a "standard" play. It might imply that he knew the limper and felt it was right in this particular circumstance. I know several players against whom, with the right players in the cutoff, button and blinds, this would be a +EV play. Yet you don't see me turning up Q-9 too often and I doubt you would see Mason doing it regularly either.

[/ QUOTE ]

He also noticed the blinds playing a bit overtight when trying this move also.

b
Old 10-19-2007, 04:02 AM

Results?
Mason?
Old 10-20-2007, 04:01 AM

The Dude bet the turn and Mason raised and the Asian kid 3bet and then Dude and Mason both folded.