Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 08:51 PM

Default Re: You are delt 88...

[ QUOTE ]
ok.. you said UTG was "very tight". so you are behind his range for sure. the best you can hope for is AK since he's only raising JJ+ and AK UTG.

so if by "loose" you mean that there is very little chance of a reraise, then a call would be fine. But I'm folding 80% of the time if UTG is "very tight".

[/ QUOTE ]

so wrong
Old 10-19-2007, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

Now explain why.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:55 PM

Fold because I am only beating A/K and A/Q. Obv calling is not an option and raising may not guarantee a HU situation.

I'm a nit!!!
Old 10-19-2007, 08:57 PM

Why do you guys have to be beating him right now? Thats not the point of chasing a set. He is a super tight player and is raising under the gun, he likely has a huge hand... a huge enough hand to pay you off when you hit your set.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I probably call every pair and reraise KK+.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think is is a very bad idea because if you want to play I think you need it heads up.

[ QUOTE ]

If other people are aware that he's very tight the chance of a reraise behind is very small.

[/ QUOTE ]

At 100NL there is a very small chance there are that many observant people at the table.

[ QUOTE ]
I might dump AK in this spot depending on specific stats.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm re-raising w/ A/K
Old 10-19-2007, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you guys have to be beating him right now? Thats not the point of chasing a set. He is a super tight player and is raising under the gun, he likely has a huge hand... a huge enough hand to pay you off when you hit your set.

[/ QUOTE ]

At a loose table you may be stacking off with a set to a better hand. I just don't like all the redraw possibilities by just calling and set mining.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At a loose table you may be stacking off with a set to a better hand. I just don't like all the redraw possibilities by just calling and set mining.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you are tight. Those redraw issues aren't that common and you can see them coming from a mile away.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:26 PM

I can understand not calling. But NOT because you want it heads up (???) or that they can redraw (????????).

Also i was going to say what bluegrassplayer said but i thought someone would mention it already.

To be honest i don't like the reasoning behind most of the arguments but at least there is some discussion going.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you are tight. Those redraw issues aren't that common and you can see them coming from a mile away.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know. I'm a new NL player and am not yet confident to play these marginal situations post flop yet. I auto fold.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:31 PM

It's great if he's ultra tight because that is what gives us the implied odds to call his bet and set mine.