Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which is better?
(1) GoldenEye 75 70.75%
(8) Diamonds Are Forever 31 29.25%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 02:27 PM

Default Re: We win (AP Scandal v. 27)

[ QUOTE ]
A company statement sent out to the public was expected by late afternoon Friday.

[/ QUOTE ]
So I guess AP uses Pony Express to send out their statements?

It still doesn't make sense that AP was not aware of this problem a long time ago. If they were, then they were in some sense "in on it", and if they really weren't aware of it, then all I can say is: WORST SECURITY TEAM EVER!

Edit: A single person who knows how to use Poker Tracker that is a part-time employee in charge of security would have noticed this a long time ago. As it stands, they probably would have NEVER noticed it (or covered it up?) had it not been pointed out to them.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:28 PM

I've been living in a cave for the past month and I just am readin about this Absolute scandle today. Obviously I have not read every single thread, but I've read all the cliff notes and posts from the major players.

The following is conjecture on my part but I feel is a pretty accurate description of the current situation:

1. There is/was an organized cheating ring inside Absolute, run by the Absolute bigwigs and their cronies.

2. A large portion of the company probably didn't know about this cheating ring.

3. Being typical greedy idiots, they cheat in very obvious ways and are noticed.

4. Upon being reported, Absolute probably writes off the claims as sore losers, like 99.99% of every "cheating" claims. These people are probably not aware of the organized cheating ring, thus the initial denials.

5. Either through internal whistle blowing or most likely a really lucky break, the hand history file pretty much proves the cheating.

6. Absolute is confused and begins to research. They eventually forced to find out there was this cancerous cheating cell internal to them.

7. Absolute will go into full damage control, both simultaneously trying to appease the players/media, but also not implicating the big wigs who were actually cheating. They will not come fully clean.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A company statement sent out to the public was expected by late afternoon Friday.

[/ QUOTE ]
So I guess AP uses Pony Express to send out their statements?

It still doesn't make sense that AP was not aware of this problem a long time ago. If they were, then they were in some sense "in on it", and if they really weren't aware of it, then all I can say is: WORST SECURITY TEAM EVER!

[/ QUOTE ]
In a previous post someone identified "Brent" as the VP of security. Go from there.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:30 PM

"Furthermore, a third party investigation has already gotten underway and we will be inviting anyone from the online poker community who wants to take part in this investigation as a means of ensuring how committed we are to getting this matter resolved."

Anyone plan to take this offer? it would be nice to have soemone from the community there....
Old 10-19-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't doubt that they have been lying. There's no chance I'm personally playing at AP again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aha. I misinterpreted "forgive and forget," particularly since I was talking about the people who are saying they would play there again.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:34 PM

The best time to make a press release providing negative or disparaging information is late on a Friday afternoon. Less people read the paper, pay attention to the news media on the weekend etc. Its PR 101.

Expect this thing to be released around 5pm or after Eastern Standard Time.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:34 PM

MY PREDICTION FOR ABSOLUTE STATEMENT:

Old 10-19-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MY PREDICTION FOR ABSOLUTE STATEMENT:

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:37 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

Can you guys do some kind of cliffs note thread? I have read probably 10 different threads with 15k different posts in the last few weeks and knowing where we are right now is difficult with how ongoing this dialog is.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The best time to make a press release providing negative or disparaging information is late on a Friday afternoon. Less people read the paper, pay attention to the news media on the weekend etc. Its PR 101.

Expect this thing to be released around 5pm or after Eastern Standard Time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh, nh. This makes sense.

Should be released when I wake up, then. I look forward to it.
Closed Thread