Hero (CO): 3,040
BTN: 2,680
SB: 8,095
BB: 5,370
UTG: 1,940
UTG+1: 8,850
MP1: 915
MP2: 8,245

Pre-Flop: (240) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls 160, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to 500</font>, 3 folds, UTG+1 calls 340

Flop: (1,240) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG+1 checks, <font color="red">Hero bets 500</font>, UTG+1 calls 500

Turn: (2,240) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

River: (2,240) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG+1 bets 7,850 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls 2,040 and is All-In

Full Tilt Poker, $5 + $0.50 NL Hold'em Sit n' Go, 100/200 Blinds, 3 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): 2,590
BTN: 8,330
SB: 2,580

Pre-Flop: (300) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
BTN folds, <font color="red">SB raises to 600</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to 2,590 and is All-In</font>, SB calls 1,980 and is All-In

wow, i suck. help?
Old 10-18-2007, 08:36 PM

Default Re: i have an ace!

Hand 1: if your going to raise, you have to raise more. I'd make it 640. I would probably fold this though Also bet more on the flop prob around 800 or so.

Hand 2 seems standard
Old 10-18-2007, 08:49 PM

fold hand one pre...hand two is fine
Old 10-19-2007, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-19-2007, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Also, Hand 2 isn't a Multi-table tourney.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:29 AM

Single Table Tournament forum for the win. Seriously - you want advice on how to play a SIT AND GO, go there. It's different.

Hand 1 is retarted, SNG or multitable. You don't want to be RRing with Ad6d or even getting involved in it. Let me guess - this is an 18 man tournament, right? 4 payouts. Why are you risking so much of your stack on such a weak hand? No good. Oh, and here's another thing, UTG+1's stack is massive and he isn't going anywhere preflop. Are you raising here for value with Ad6d? god.

Anyway, the flop cont. bet isn't terrible because you are representing a big hand, though something tells me UTG+1 is a weak player who is going to call down a lot of bets. When you play against players like this, making cont. bets this shallow is like channeling a sieve from your stack to villain and then to other opponents who take from that villain. So, do I check here? I try not to get involved with Ad6d against opponents like this to begin with.

Fire AI on the turn please. You are trying to be "deceptive" with the ace, but look how things played out. First, he's a donk. Secondly, there is a flush draw and a straight draw - he limped preflop, he check/called on the flop. Not betting here is a sin - go ahead and not [censored] charge him for his flush/straight draw, see what happens. Oh, and he won't suspect you have an ace because you lead - he may think his King is still good.

On the river, well, how tight has villain been? Has he made any big moves? Does he have the propensity to bluff? Timing tell? You are getting 2:1 here. You have an Ace. Could he be value pushing a KQ? Nah, I think he CRs it on the flop. But who knows in the mind of the donk. What about a whiffed flush? Yes, sure. Or he has two pair or made his straight.

I think, personally, there are more combos of made straights and two pairs in this situation and his lead is really strong. But you underreped your hand so much on the flop/turn, that making this call is probably slightly +EV. But not by a lot. w/o reads, I think it's a fold; w/reads, a call.

OK, hand 2 (really laying out some instruction here), it's an SNG and you need to post this in STT so they can all tell you it's a fold. MTT logic doesn't even apply because you are 3 handed, already in the money (right or wrong?), blind structure is different (no antes), etc. etc. But, you fold this because: 1. If you are in the money, SB is going to be making a lot more loose calls with Ax+, mid pairs, so a good chunk of his raising hands are calleable for him; 2. You want to find spots to ABUSE SB, like when he limps in; 3. You don't mind pushing against button because if you don't, he's going to run over you; 4. A2o is not a good resteal hand under most circumstances, definitely in SNGs (stated again with conviction)

Barry
Old 10-19-2007, 12:03 PM

Hand 1 fold preflop.

As played shove on the turn.

Hand 2 fold, you have no fold equity and are most likely beat with stacks of this size IMO.