Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2006, 12:19 PM

Default Re: 100NL new buddy

[ QUOTE ]
I hit a hand almost exactly like this on party a couple weeks ago, I raised from EP with AA, got re-raised by JJ in MP, Button pushed in with KK, I called, and JJ called. Took in a $180 pot. These players do seem rare, but when you find them, it's almost always worth your while!

[/ QUOTE ]

If by "almost exactly like this" you mean "completely different", then I agree.
Old 03-16-2006, 12:21 PM

Actually I had a theory about this, although I think someone else may have actually stated it first. (Ferguson or Lederer come to mind I don't know why)
Of course it's not always true, but I think a lot of the players at the 25NL on Party, or similar tables on other sites, are young teens hungry to make money. If the avg pot in a game is $10 that is a big pot for a high school/college kid without a job so they are paying a lot of attention and taking every small advantage they can. Basically some of these players are only buying in to these sites with 25-50 bucks so they have their whole bankroll out there, you can bet they'll try their best.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Edit - surely a BBV post?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I thought about that. But I thought it was interesting to see a player like this at 100NL. I didn't think they existed, but you probably get them at all levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive recently migrated back to party and I have to say that I am damn near convinced that the avg. 100NL player on Party is worse than those at 25 or 50. I have seen the most donktastic plays you could imagine, even worse than anything 4_2_it could play. Yes, they are that bad. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-16-2006, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I thought about that. But I thought it was interesting to see a player like this at 100NL. I didn't think they existed, but you probably get them at all levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive recently migrated back to party and I have to say that I am damn near convinced that the avg. 100NL player on Party is worse than those at 25 or 50. I have seen the most donktastic plays you could imagine, even worse than anything 4_2_it could play. Yes, they are that bad. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. I think the logic behind it is the big "Gamblers" need some stakes for the thrill. I cant see someone with a gambling problem wasting time on 25NL. 100NL is more tuned to a nice chunk of the average joe paycheck.
Old 03-16-2006, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually I had a theory about this, although I think someone else may have actually stated it first. (Ferguson or Lederer come to mind I don't know why)
Of course it's not always true, but I think a lot of the players at the 25NL on Party, or similar tables on other sites, are young teens hungry to make money. If the avg pot in a game is $10 that is a big pot for a high school/college kid without a job so they are paying a lot of attention and taking every small advantage they can. Basically some of these players are only buying in to these sites with 25-50 bucks so they have their whole bankroll out there, you can bet they'll try their best.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Except now they all buy in for $5 thanks to Ed Miller