Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 09:36 PM

Default Re: Hows my line - Am i correct to check turn to induce a bluff

Do you lead for a whole pot against marked aces on the river when you have trip 4s? As OP as pointed out he would be much more willing to fold to a 1/2 or 2/3 pot bet than a full pot bet.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you lead for a whole pot against marked aces on the river when you have trip 4s? As OP as pointed out he would be much more willing to fold to a 1/2 or 2/3 pot bet than a full pot bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where does the OP say he would be more willing to fold to a 1/2 pot bet than a full pot? He just said he wouldn't raise if it was a 1/2 pot bet right? (as he did in the full pot case)

I wouldn't bet out pot against marked AAXX because I would want a call, but I (and other 2p2ers) think more about the game than most online players. It is very possible the villain flopped a set and was going for a check raise on the turn. A lot of PLO players cannot fold AAXX and are overaggressive with it, and perhaps the villain was thinking this. We don't know what the hell villain is thinking because we have no read.

Maybe I play too much at the lower limits (PLO25 and PLO50) where a giant river bet usually means a great hand. I could EASILY see that the villain is not bluffing on the river.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:56 AM

quoting from jipster's 10/18/07 3pm post about folding river to smaller bets:

[ QUOTE ]

if he'd bet 1/2 or 2/3 pot; not only do i not raise; i might be more likely to fold

[/ QUOTE ]

Villian is not going to flop a set very often on a 624 board in a reraised pot. It is possible but unlikely. Regarding river bets, A psb is effective if both players have strong hands. However, in this instance hero's hand in clearly weak and exposed. Because of this fact, a value bet should induce crying calls. However, villian bets strong on a card that is unlikely to improved his hand. Therefore hero sees the river bet not as a value bet to extract value from aces but as a bet to fold aces. If villian did have QQxx, he should also bet strong on the river because a non-obvious draw came in and hero will be suspicious. Preflop play reduces the likelihood of villian having QQxx though.