Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 04:08 PM

Default WTF

Ok so august 24th i got pulled over and the cop wrote me up for window tints and said "I'm not giving you a citation this is a fix it ticket, just get the tints removed in 15 days" So 2 days later i go at my car with a hair drier and peel them off. now today i get a letter saying i owe the state $140 because i never got my window tints removed. apparently within these 15 days i was supposed to go to the station and show them my window tintless car. it says nothing about this on the ticket and the cop never mentioned it.

what can i do?
Old 10-18-2007, 04:10 PM

Default Re: WTF

I don't usually say this, ever: Contest it in court.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:12 PM

was the ticket on the other side of the tinted window when u read it
Old 10-18-2007, 04:16 PM

wow i had the exact same thing happen to me two years ago. i got a fix-it ticket for an expired registration on the ucla campus. got my registration updated and figured it was all over and that the dmv would transmit the info to the cops. it turned out that i had to go to the campus police station and show them my new registration. the cop who gave me the ticket never said anything about taking my registration to the station. there didn't seem to be anything that i could do about it, so i just paid the fine. you're probably in a different state, so maybe the rules are different though.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:16 PM

Just go to traffic court w/ pics of your car. It'll take maybe an hour and you'll get off.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok so august 24th i got pulled over and the cop wrote me up for window tints and said "I'm not giving you a citation this is a fix it ticket, just get the tints removed in 15 days" So 2 days later i go at my car with a hair drier and peel them off. now today i get a letter saying i owe the state $140 because i never got my window tints removed. apparently within these 15 days i was supposed to go to the station and show them my window tintless car. it says nothing about this on the ticket and the cop never mentioned it.

what can i do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pay your "stupid tax." How are the cops gonna know if you fixed your tint unless you go show them?

Have people totally forgotten how to use common sense?
Old 10-18-2007, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

what can i do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pay your "stupid tax." How are the cops gonna know if you fixed your tint unless you go show them?

Have people totally forgotten how to use common sense?

[/ QUOTE ]
why would he pay a fine he doesn't need to? have you forgotten how to use common sense?
Old 10-18-2007, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Honor system.