Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 10:47 AM

Default Re: 67s BB

10-6-2 rainbow, hmmmm...

With no read I'd have to assume SB is betting a strong enough hand that he does not mind action. Top pair, 99-77, or even a set come to mind. His other possible holdings are gutshot draws like 98 or 87 where he figures he has pair outs as well OR two poorly played overcards.

On average, hero is well behind a normal-playing SB's range and with other players left to act he will be stuck in the middle. Relative position is bad and hence, implied odds are decreased for the times hero hits a third six or backdoor draw.

I hate "no read" hands
fold > raise > call
Old 10-10-2007, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
HERO ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Kicks himself for not folding his garbage hand preflop? Then folds the flop because there are still two players, including a TAG PFR, to act behind him?

By the way, when you write "No read" at the top of your post, and then mix in the reads with the stack sizes, that makes it pretty easy for respondents to miss your reads.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:29 AM

OP this is a very easy preflop call getting 7-1 (yes MP2 is calling 100% here). Some highly respected posters have made studies about what odds you need to call out of the blinds preflop with suited hands (Peter_rus and krishan IIRC) but I'm too lazy to dig them up.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:07 PM

I would raise this flop. With 6 outs you have 6.83 to 1 to improve to two pair or a set on the turn plus you may already be ahead of something like AK, AQ or way behind against a set (less likely) if you get the other players to fold your chances of winning improve so for me it's a clear raise.