Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 06:19 PM

Default Re: Updated Cliff Notes On Absolute Poker Scandal (18th October)

[ QUOTE ]
I never checked this yesterday, but today, AP isn't listed on KGC's list of licensed sites:

http://www.kahnawake.com/gamingcommission/permits.asp

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolute's site says the following:

[ QUOTE ]
“Tokwiro Enterprises Enrg” is a recognized Mohawk owned and controlled, gaming sole proprietorship, presently undergoing a licencing process with the “Kahnawake Gaming Commission” (“KGC”), which was itself established on the 10th day of Ohiarí:ha/June, 1996.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.absolutepoker.com/media/aboutus.asp
Old 10-18-2007, 06:24 PM

I have spoken to a few people who are high up and are heavily involved in this situation.

I have reason to believe this will end well, at least from the perspective of cleaning things up. It might hurt poker in the short run, but I'm strictly speaking from the perspective of people getting paid back, management/ownership/licenses being cleaned up, etc.

That's just my current belief at the moment.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have spoken to a few people who are high up and are heavily involved in this situation.

I have reason to believe this will end well, at least from the perspective of cleaning things up. It might hurt poker in the short run, but I'm strictly speaking from the perspective of people getting paid back, management/ownership/licenses being cleaned up, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Absolute pays everyone back, then what? Do we just pretend like this never happened, how can anyone play at Absolute again after this?
Old 10-18-2007, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If Absolute pays everyone back, then what? Do we just pretend like this never happened, how can anyone play at Absolute again after this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Them getting paid back is necessary but not sufficient. What is also needed is answers to questions such as the following

i) Who knew about these accounts? Who used them? How widespread is the abuse?

ii) Why did AP try to cover this up? Evidence is overwhelming that they knew about who was involved from the moment allegations surfaced, yet they released this bs official statement denying any wrongdoing. Who was behind this, and have they been fired yet?

And further every correct piece of [censored] involved in this mess needs to leave AP.

We need the investigators/auditors to be independent and respected and to be given FULL access.

And then once all the problems have been found we need the security flaws to be remedied.

If all this happens I would play on AP again.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Them getting paid back is necessary but not sufficient. What is also needed is answers to questions such as the following

i) Who knew about these accounts? Who used them? How widespread is the abuse?

ii) Why did AP try to cover this up? Evidence is overwhelming that they knew about who was involved from the moment allegations surfaced, yet they released this bs official statement denying any wrongdoing. Who was behind this, and have they been fired yet?

And further every correct piece of [censored] involved in this mess needs to leave AP.

We need the investigators/auditors to be independent and respected and to be given FULL access.

And then once all the problems have been found we need the security flaws to be remedied.

If all this happens I would NOT play on AP again.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Seriously...with all the other sites out there (stars, party, tilt) why would anyone ever go back to absolute?

I don't care what they do to fix it, I'll never play UB or Absolute again. What they did was RIDICULOUS!

If they clean up, I'll no longer bad mouth them though...so it is in their best interest to clean up.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nat,

maybe too early to tell, but will this include any sort of admission of guilt?
Old 10-18-2007, 06:31 PM

I don't really know the answers to those questions (re: NMY and NNN). I'm just saying that there are people who are really high up in this situation who will not let it get swept under the rug and will not be satisfied until major changes are made.

I am going to dinner, so I'll check back later.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I never checked this yesterday, but today, AP isn't listed on KGC's list of licensed sites:

http://www.kahnawake.com/gamingcommission/permits.asp

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolute's site says the following:

[ QUOTE ]
“Tokwiro Enterprises Enrg” is a recognized Mohawk owned and controlled, gaming sole proprietorship, presently undergoing a licencing process with the “Kahnawake Gaming Commission” (“KGC”), which was itself established on the 10th day of Ohiarí:ha/June, 1996.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.absolutepoker.com/media/aboutus.asp

[/ QUOTE ]

Ultimate Bet says the same thing on their site and they are still listed as licensed on KGC's site.

Plus, here is google's cached copy of the page:

Closed Thread