Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 05:07 PM

Default Re: Updated Cliff Notes On Absolute Poker Scandal (18th October)

[ QUOTE ]
Woah who is POTROAST??

Somone look into this now, POTROAST,POTCHIPPER, and POTRIPPER. Looks like a connection to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

guys you gotta cut this [censored] out. Potroast is a regular MTT player with zero connection. Not everyone who runs good deep in a few tourneys is a superuser. The guy is just some lucky donk, jesus dude
Old 10-18-2007, 05:08 PM

I have been following this thread closely but mostly lurking. However, I wanted to express my gratitude for the job done by Andanthar, Nat, Dan Druff, Snagglepuss, and all those involved in exposing the scandal at Absolute Poker, including those from P5's. Huge props, amazing work, etc, you guys never gave up in the quest for truth. I admire this.

Secondly, as it looks like the story is blowing up, is there no political voice/lobbying group that can do PR spin to help ensure the right lessons are taken from this debacle? Is the PPA totally useless in this regards?

This seems like THE perfect opportunity to talk about the Consequences of prohibiting an activity that is still enjoyed by millions of Americans, and also a perfect opportunity for the other side to put their spin on it. IMO, this is a direct result of UIGEA, the Montana crew with all their negligence and stupidity would have been busted a lot sooner if the industry was regulated.

Andanthar, I know you are including our perspective in your media interviews. But we need someone political, connected, to be the voice, and to make sure the clowns in Washington hear us. Otherwise, they will use this exposure to their advantage to reinforce their positions, and potentially make it more difficult for US players than it is already.

Just my 2 cents, someone call Fat Al D' Amato please, tell him to do something.

Keep up the good fight

John
Old 10-18-2007, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
dont be so niave. admitt to yourself this has been going on longer then a month.. -LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

how about "admit you're one of a million conspiracy theorists that are about to descend upon this website with one thing in common: you're all pretty bad at poker".
you know what this story tells me? that it took less than a month from the time that high up management at AP turned corrupt to the time that lots of insiders at AP were lining up to hand out every bit of info to the players they could.

[/ QUOTE ]

i`ve been following this thread from the begining but this is the 1st time ive posted. i`m very disapointed that because someone points out that it would not be unreasonable to think that "we" never caught them the 1st time they decided to use the super acct he gets told his opinion is that of a conspiricy theorist and he is bad at poker. i know adenthar is very overworked and tired at the moment but there`s no need for that.

btw i know i`m bad at poker so no need to flame me.

pps. that said GREAT work exposing these scumbags from all involved tyvm.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pocket5's It's time to put aside our forum differences and come together as a poker community. We're all disappointed with the results of their meeting at Absolute. However, these guys took a stand early and got on a plane to Costa Rica to see if they could make any progress. I'm sure there was much more to the conversation than included in the blog post, including pressing the impossibility of the play of these accounts. Absolute is in total defense mode and decided to stonewall. Short of holding a gun to their head, I don't think there was more P5 could do to get them to come clean. P5 is on our side in this fight. Let's act like it. Give credit where credit is due.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, except for the part about getting on a plane since Cal and Adam are located in Costa Rica now. I know Adam quite well, and I'm sure he is also incredibly frustrated with how little they were able to find out. He tried to make it clear that his summary was simply that - a summary of what AP actually told them, not how they feel about it or what they wanted to accomplish. Anyway, aren't we due for some new revelation? It's been a while...
Old 10-18-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Woah who is POTROAST??

Somone look into this now, POTROAST,POTCHIPPER, and POTRIPPER. Looks like a connection to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

guys you gotta cut this [censored] out. Potroast is a regular MTT player with zero connection. Not everyone who runs good deep in a few tourneys is a superuser. The guy is just some lucky donk, jesus dude

[/ QUOTE ]

This was all cleared up many pages ago, don't worry. I think the witch hunt is over for now.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:14 PM

SL- thats how i would read it- although I really have no backstory about the founding of the company in front of me.

In general...

There are still many known unknowns, and I think still at this point that we should remain hopeful we get an entire story down the road.

It was the email and IPs from that file that got us to the upper management- but we still don't know exactly who and why or for that matter "what" took place.

I think this is a story where further exciting implications will happen.

Tokwiro is Joseph Norton's company - the former grand chief of the tribe, the founder of the server/MIT campus, and from what I can read an all around swell guy.
They are at least the paper name owners of Absolute Poker and Ultimate Bet.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't know if this has already been asked but does anybody have connections to trace phone records for Scott Tom and AJ Green and see if they were on the phone together during the time of the tournament?

[/ QUOTE ]

In Costa Rica? gl with that

[/ QUOTE ]

Too much TV.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Pocket5's It's time to put aside our forum differences and come together as a poker community. We're all disappointed with the results of their meeting at Absolute. However, these guys took a stand early and got on a plane to Costa Rica to see if they could make any progress. I'm sure there was much more to the conversation than included in the blog post, including pressing the impossibility of the play of these accounts. Absolute is in total defense mode and decided to stonewall. Short of holding a gun to their head, I don't think there was more P5 could do to get them to come clean. P5 is on our side in this fight. Let's act like it. Give credit where credit is due.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two things about this:

1) Adam from P5's made it clear when he posted the account of the visit that he was just relaying what Absolute said to them. By no means were the P5's guys just shrugging it off and giving AP the benefit of the doubt.

2) The P5's guys relocated to Costa Rica a few months ago, so visiting the AP offices probably meant nothing more than a cab ride to the other side of Escazú.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:26 PM

How pathetic is it that the poker "media" like Card Player has yet to run a story even though major news outlets have covered it?
Old 10-18-2007, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How pathetic is it that the poker "media" like Card Player has yet to run a story even though major news outlets have covered it?

[/ QUOTE ]
If I were cardplayer I'd want this to flesh out a little more before committing to full coverage. Lots of details are still fuzzy. This is a bigger deal for Cardplayer to get right than it would be for CNN.
Closed Thread