Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 11:52 AM

Default 25nl JJ reraised pre - Line Check

No strong read on villain. He and I have been the table aggressors. Line OK?

PokerStars $0.10/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em - 6 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Hero: $30.75
Button: $27.10
SB: $25.85
BB: $13.00
UTG: $8.70
MP: $25.05

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises to $1</font>, Button folds, <font color="#FF0000">SB raises to $3.50</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $2.50.

Flop: ($7.25) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">SB bets $5</font>, Hero calls $5.

Turn: ($17.25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">SB bets $13.25</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises to $22.25 (all in)</font>, SB calls $4.10 (all in).

River: ($51.95) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $51.95

<font color="white"> Villain shows AdKd </font>
Old 10-18-2007, 01:05 PM

Default Re: 25nl JJ reraised pre - Line Check

When you say aggressive, do you mean pfr and then CBing the fish or has there been three-betting and blind defense too?

How often has he 3bet you? Has he ever 3b IP or OOP with a mid PP or SC?

This bet on the turn seems really strange. He has almost exactly a PSB on the turn but bets $13 (17) with $4 behind.

It sounds strange, but if he just open pushes I’d feel better about calling and probably include things like AcKc, etc in his range.

Obviously, he effectively pushed, but it seems that he wants a call.

You are getting 2:1 on your push.
He would have to only be 3betting and double-barreling premiums for this to be a fold.

You need about 35% equity with the rake.

You are
30% against TT+,AcKc,AcQc.

I think it’s interesting that your equity jumped to 42% just by changing TT+ to 99+.

If he’s 3b 99, he could just as easily 3b 55 or 67s as well.

The turn blanks and he is OOP. He has to think that if you called the flop you will probably call again on the turn. I think his double-barrel frequency on the turn w/ AK goes down on a 4c but up on a Qc.

Unless he has been getting out of line after someone else has shown aggression, I think I could see a fold being okay.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:17 PM

Thanks for the response. Sorry, my description of the previous action was pretty weak. He had 3-bet out of the blinds a couple times before this in the half hour or so I was at the table. One time showing down QJs. The turn bet was confusing to me. I thought he may be doing that to make it look like he wanted a call, but I thought I might have been over-thinking it. I would've called the flop against anyone, but given up on turn against a tighter player. My read was essentially 77+, AcJc+. I was basically wondering if the flop was OK and the turn is spewy.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:22 PM

Would a raise on the flop have been a good idea in this hand?
Old 10-18-2007, 01:45 PM

I would have reraised on the flop if I felt I was good but I play a Very Aggressive game and never let anyone breathe. I think the reraise on the turn was good u really had no other option unless u believe hes got QQ, KK, AA or a 3. Which I the high Pocket Pairs are possible but he could easily seeming how u said hes aggressive could have 77 to AA in this position.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Would a raise on the flop have been a good idea in this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea i think a 4b would have been ok. but i would not make it 3x the previous bet. know that many people disagree with this but a 9 dollar bet there as a 4bet would imo be okey. if you like the rereraise to see where you stand. i only see hands AK, QQ++ calling there. he will defintly think you have AA or KK and probably fold alot of the time.