Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 07:00 AM

Default Summary! Please comment, discuss and berate!

Sorry for hi-jacking your post smurph. Just thought I should put all the answer in one post for easier comparing. Maybe you can make some comments?

The answers is very different so there is room for discussion.

Here's the action again:

[ QUOTE ]

Full Ring 1/2

Player Notes:

BB
300 hands 25 VPIP 12 PFR 1.5AF 1.5 bb/100 win rate recorded. This guy is pretty solid. Defends his blinds better than most heads up. Seems aware of position and misses value bets on the river.

MP2
600 hands 45 VPIP 25 PFR 1.8AF 4bb/100 win rate recorded. This guy is tricky. Donks, check/raises and 3 bets more than most. He seems to win a lot of big hands but is timid H/U.

CO
1200 hands 18VPIP 4 PFR 1.1AF .8bb/100 win rate recorded. This guy is very tight calls down most aggression unless he has very strong hand then he can 3 bet flop

Button
4000 hands VPIP 25% PFR 18 2.4AF 2.3bb/100 recorded win rate. You see this guy all the time and he is tough to beat. Capable of anything postflop. He multitables on 3 tables usually, you have seen him take the full time allotment over and over again.

PREFLOP action:

4 folds MP2 raises, 1 fold, CO calls, Button raises, 1 fold, BB calls, MP2 caps, CO calls, Button calls, BB calls

[/ QUOTE ]

BB

KaatzMeow: TT+ AQo+ AQs+ JTs+

scpi10: 77-JJ AKs

Blzdwrath: AA-JJ, AKs-AQs, AK maybe AQ

Sushiglutton: JJ-99, AK, KQ-Js, QJs, JTs, AQ-Js

I R BABOON: ATs+, AKo, JJ, QQ

MP2

KaatzMeow: QQ+ AQs+ AKo KQs

scpi10: 66+ QJs+ KQ+

Blzdwrath:AA, KK, QQ, JJ, TT, 99, AK-10s, KQs, KJs, AK-AJ, and maybe even KQ.

Sushiglutton: AA-QQ, AK, Maybe JJ, AQs, maybe, maybe something less (I've see some weird caps lately with A9o etc).

I R BABOON: A9s+, 77+, AJo+, KQs,QJs maybe also TJs,T9s

CO

KaatzMeow: JJ+ T9s+ AKo+ AJs+

scpi10: 88+ AJs+ AQ+

Blzdwrath: AA-TT, KQs, QJs, AK, AQ

Sushiglutton: Suited broadway, JJ-88, AK-J, AQ-9s.

I R BABOON: ATs-AQs, JJ-KK

BTN

KaatzMeow: JJ+ AKo+ AJs+ JTs+

scpi10: 1010+ KQs+ AJ+

Blzdwrath: AA-JJ, AKs-A10s, KQs, KJs, AK-AJ

Sushiglutton: AA-TT, AK-AQ, AKs-AJs, KQs.

I R BABOON: JJ+, AKs
Old 10-18-2007, 10:51 AM

Default Re: Summary! Please comment, discuss and berate!

Good here Sushi makes it easier to follow along.

When I start reads I always start with who starts the action. MP2 likes big pots he likes raising 25% preflop and plays lots of hands about half the deck. So I have to think what cards are good to play in large pots that are playable raised to start the action?

CO cold calls. This guy is tight passive so its not clear if he has a read on the player who raised the pot already or not. So not sure what that tells you in terms of his range values for cold calls and what he could 3 bet. Personally I tend to put tight passive players who cold call into a very small range of hands.

Button is aware likely of both the MP2 range and CO's range so he has to have a very good hand even with position here. If it weren't for CO's cold call I could really open up the range because he is aware of MP3's weakness H/U and this is a great opportunity to steal the pot with any two.

BB is not someone I have a lot of information on. He seems aware of pot odds and value so I have to look at all kinds of hands here that he could be playing, I could also push powerhouse pairs to the back of my mind because he didn't cap it and that would be his most likely chance to push out CO, but would watch if he comes alive. He knows its a big pot already so I have to assume he is going to play lots of cards that play well in large pots too so I might actually open up his range more than I would if he called one bet here.

I'll post the flop action today at some point so if others want to join in that would be great.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:05 AM

Default Re: Hand Ranging Street by Street exercise.

* g *

MP2: TT+, KQs, AJs+, AKo.
CO: AQs, KQs, TT-JJ.
Button: TT+, AQs+, AKo
BB: TT-JJ, KJs+, AJs-AQs
Old 10-18-2007, 11:09 AM

Default Re: Summary! Please comment, discuss and berate!

Get the flop posted man, I'm ready to go! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2007, 05:05 PM

Flop Action:

K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB bets, MP2 raises, CO calls, Button Calls, BB 3 bets, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button Calls.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:25 PM

Here are the wrong answers again:

BB has 1010 or JJ he bet 3 bet knowing it would be raised.
MP2 has KQ [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
CO has A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K
button QQ couldn't raise his striaght draw b/c of the flush draw
Old 10-18-2007, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop Action:

K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB bets, MP2 raises, CO calls, Button Calls, BB 3 bets, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button Calls.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm gonna stick to my pre-flop ranges and go from there.

BB: ATs+, AKo, JJ, QQ (I think he could still have the same range as pre-flop, any of these hands give him a pair with top kicker, a pair with nut straight(/flush) draw or a set with allot of (re)draws to a boat)

MP2: ATs+, TT+, AJo+, KQs, QJs, TJs (he’s loose and tricky but not stupid his PP range is slightly smaller now. He could simply call the 3-bet because he wants more people to the turn if he has the nut straight now and a cap might scare some people of if they miss).

CO: ATs-AQs, JJ,KK (same range actually. He has allot of cards he could draw with to something good but isn’t quite there yet. The pot is too big to fold anything at all)

BTN: JJ, KK, AKs

So many hands that can call or raise here in this huge 16,5 SB starting pot. I need to see the turn action.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:57 PM

After the flop:

BB KK, QQ?, JJ, TT, AQo+, AQs+, KQs

MP2 KK, JJ, TT, AQo, AQs

CO AA, QQ, JJ, JTs, QJs

BU AA, QQ, AKs, AK, KQs, QJs, JTs
Old 10-19-2007, 08:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here are the wrong answers again:

BB has 1010 or JJ he bet 3 bet knowing it would be raised.
MP2 has KQ [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
CO has A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K
button QQ couldn't raise his striaght draw b/c of the flush draw

[/ QUOTE ]
I want to add AQ to BB
Old 10-19-2007, 05:27 PM

ok , a new exercise for me. great learning experience...

mp2 his first raise could mean just about anything. any pair, any two broadway even with T, most suited connectors, some single and double gap suited connectors, a few 3 gap suited connectors, A2s+, K6s+, Q8s+...

CO hand range seems very narrow, still a figure on his coldcalling would be great... AKs, AQs, KQs and perhaps 77-JJ...

BTN reraise puts him on a range of TT+, AKs, AKo, AQs, AQo, perhaps 99 and KQs...

BB's call: AJs+, AA-TT maybe JTs... even KQs seems less likely, anything unsuited very unlikely...

MP2's CAP: QQ+, AQs+, AKo... why cap with anything else? the AKo seems slightly less likely as one could consider just calling with it, with three other opponents it is a disgustingly reverse implied odds hand...

cut-off's calling 2 bets cold: hmm, AKs, AQs, TT-JJ, perhaps 99 if he is in for a gamble...

BTN call CAP: standard, doesn't narrow above stated field
BB call CAP: standard, doesn't narrow above stated field