Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 05:49 PM

Default Re: OT: [censored] thread, OCTOBER, READ RULES IN TOP POST

[ QUOTE ]
wee, this AP stuff is kind of a big deal

iron81:
[ QUOTE ]
1700 viewing BBV, 3900 viewing 2+2, 2+2 record is 4070 set the day Party closed.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how do u see totals? do u have to be admin or something?
Old 10-17-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ya he's still somewhat of a dog i think, but it wont be volume that stops him. i def dont think hes a 5:1 dog or even close tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really think volume will be the issue. I played 4,200 $16's in August and I played every single day that month with at least 100/day, occasionally 150+. A big issue he will have is that the $60's load at less than 1/2 the pace of the $16's...even the $27's load much slower, particularly late at night. If he can go 30/hr. playing continuous, he'll still have to put in 40+ hour weeks, which despite his reputation, he has never done. Even then, he'll still have to pull close to 10% ROI doing this which is far more difficult than he's anticipating.

He'd pretty much be my hero if he could pull this off, but I'd say there's a legit chance he doesn't last a week, especially if he gets off to a bad start.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just wondering how many tables did you play at once and around how many hours did you play a day the month that you played 4200 sngs in a month? Is 4200 the record for sngs in a month?
Old 10-17-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

kleath,
I haven't played with spacegravy. I have played a decent amount with a few massive multitablers and a few icons/subicons. My experience was that everyone failed to adjust when the player on their left was calling wide, and none of them was playing more than 12 tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats not really what Im saying, Im saying most of the opponents, even most who notice he's shoving super wide, still call too tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Play 1500 $60s/month for 5 or 6 months and see if you still feel the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf would I stay at the 60s for 6 months? And beyond that the suspect in question hasnt been playing for the last 6 months so you're just being condescending for the sake of being a jackass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoah. I'm arguing a point, trying to pass along some of the benefit of experience. Nowhere in there was I being condescending. Look at your reply and see if you can say the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

Came across as condescending to me(You havent played as many as me therefor Im right), perhaps that wasn't you're intent, apologies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop fighting girls . . . you're both pretty.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Flourscent - I didn't factor in freerolls and other bonuses. Not sure how that would be possible.

Slimon - you would earn platinum within a month and get it applied for the next month. So you get 16% plsu whatever freerolls and other bonuses apply. I know you'll be giving up a significant portion of RB over FTP. As I said before though, decreased rake may make up for that, as well as possibly less regulars/worse competition (this is speculative, I haven't been on stars long enough to tell accurately). Also I wanted to change as I said before b/c regs know my ranges pretty well and am getting called a lot wider then I should be. I am getting a lot of spite calls too.

jgunnip - Not exactly sure what you mean... Are you talking about taking into account earning say the platinum bonus as like a goldstar for a month and then getting upgraded to platinum? I didn't consider that.

The way I calculated each was this: Platinum star gets fpps at 2.5x, so for every $1 paid in rake you get 12.5 fpps. 50000 fpp/12.5 = $4000 paid in rake to get $650 bonus. 650/4000 = 16% roughly.

I talked to a friend a while back and he said that one of his friends said that the stars bonuses can be translated into 20%-24% RB. I have no clue how he got those numbers so wanted to do some calculations on my own. I think maybe he had some variable rate of earning fpps that mixed the platinum star fpp earning multiplier (2.5x) and supernova (3.5x).

You get fpps on FTP but can't exchange them for cash bonuses. Through ironman you can though, but it'll take a while in order to earn enough medals.

[/ QUOTE ]

Couple of quick points on the ftp rakeback calculation.

1. You're not just getting 27% rakeback, you're also getting 73% of the value of the FTP points and 73% of the value of the iron man promotion.

2. Iron man medals can be converted to cash using the bonuses you can buy in the iron man store.

3. While you can't directly convert FTP points to cash, people on the full tilt forum have a sort of market place where you can "sell" them for something like $6 per 1000 points by buying murchandise and having it shipped to other people in exchange for them transferring you cash.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Stop fighting girls . . . you're both pretty.

[/ QUOTE ]

O rly?

Ship to piru street, West fa life bitches
Old 10-17-2007, 07:29 PM

Can anyone tell me who "beanmo" is? Is this a 2+2er? His graph on FT is just so nasty for someone who plays turbos, it's silly.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:37 PM

Shouldn't have bought that 42" lcd.

weeeeeeeeee.....

The hand that finished me for the session:

Villain is 70/0/1 calls 78% c-bets.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $6 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">Hero ($591)</font>
<font color="#C00000">SB ($2336.31)</font>
BB ($859)
UTG ($897)
MP ($497.45)
CO ($576)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $21</font>, SB calls $18, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($48) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $40</font>, SB calls $34.

Turn: ($128) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $84</font>, Hero calls $530 (All-In), SB calls $446.

River: ($1188) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $1188

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has 2s 5d (full house, fives full of twos).
Hero has 4s 6s (straight, six high).
Outcome: SB wins $1188. </font>
Old 10-17-2007, 07:44 PM

lol @ cbetting vs a guy who calls 78% cbets with 6 high plus gutshot
Old 10-17-2007, 07:45 PM

I didn't c-bet, I raised his donk. Guys that call a tonne of c-bets often fold their donks on flops like this.

edit: plus I was probably tilting a bit by this point.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:08 PM

Anyone feeling generous and care to look over some HH? I just played my first 9 man SNGs since like July and cashed one out of eight. I know that 8 doesn't mean [censored], but since it's been so long since I've played I'd like to find anything major now, rather than a few hundred STTs later. Plus I'm sure I had plenty of leaks before I stopped playing anyways.

I don't really know how the reviewing goes down around here, but I'd be willing to pay someone since I really don't have anything else to offer. Let me know if anyone you're interested. Thanks

I play the 6.50s fwiw, but have the roll for the 16s just not the confidence.
Closed Thread