Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: QB
T. Brady vs IND 3 50.00%
D. Brees @ TB 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 05:40 PM

Default Re: Cheating at AP, updated cliff notes

[ QUOTE ]
I honestly feel as if Dan Druff has been bought off or something silly because his new stance seems illogical and different from his past reactions.

To imply that AP can't simply say something to the tune of the following is silly, imo:

"Yes, #363 exists, as do various other accounts that were created when we were beta-testing the site. We needed these accounts to ensure that our software worked adequately. These accounts were intended to be dismissed once real-money play began on AP. The fact that one of them was hijacked and used to cheat behind our backs is unfortunate and will certainly never happen again"

[/ QUOTE ]never happen again LOL
Old 10-17-2007, 05:44 PM

This is growing fast, do we need another cliff notes thread because I am falling behind. Someone make one when it is acceptable so I don't have to read lots of pages, plus +1 digg from me.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is growing fast, do we need another cliff notes thread because I am falling behind. Someone make one when it is acceptable so I don't have to read lots of pages, plus +1 digg from me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm kind of confused too.

So it's not Scott Tom but instead some other guy's name has entered the drama? No idea where that came from and I'm not about to wade through gigantic threads just to find it.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the .xls whistleblower

[/ QUOTE ]

Adanthar,

the .xls file sent to Marco was sent intentionally?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nat is on that part of the story, and according to him, "two sources have said that the person no longer works there". Draw your own conclusions.

[ QUOTE ]
So it's not Scott Tom but instead some other guy's name has entered the drama? No idea where that came from and I'm not about to wade through gigantic threads just to find it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I updated the OP.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:47 PM

If they were serious about obtaining an independent third party audit, they should have announced they were going with a Big 4 Audit Firm (KPMG, Deloitte, Ernst Young or PWC).

Whatever 'gaming' firm they are bringing on does not and should not provide ease in this matter.

As a Big4 auditor/consultant, i can tell you that we have software that in two minutes would be able to come to a conclusion within 99.95% accuracy.

If AP genuinely wants to have a third party attempt to validate that no wrongdoing occured, it would be very simple and very quick.

The fact that they aren't is eyebrow raising from an outsider's POV.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As a Big4 auditor/consultant, i can tell you that we have software that in two minutes would be able to come to a conclusion within 99.95% accuracy.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be in sales. That's a rediculous statement.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:07 PM

you guys are ridiculous

if dan can get the money back, take it. then it will be up to you to decide whether or not you want to play there

but to have dan back off from the work that has been done is ludicrous
Old 10-17-2007, 06:10 PM

Dan should tell them the truth. There is no way the company can be saved. Go and tell the directors to do whatever is necessary (be that business or personal - maybe the building is a skyscraper).
Old 10-17-2007, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dan should tell them the truth. There is no way the company can be saved. Go and tell the directors to do whatever is necessary (be that business or personal - maybe the building is a skyscraper).

[/ QUOTE ]

This is simply not true.

Open up EVERYTHING to an INDEPENDANT auditor and I imagine AP will live
Old 10-17-2007, 06:15 PM

An acceptable response in my mind would be something along the lines of "It turns out there is a superuser account that we did not know about. Rouge ex-executives hid this from us and then used it. We are pursuing them with everything we have."

The only problem is that this explanation does not explain the allegations posted on ITH two years ago.

ROCKabsoluteHARD PLACE
Closed Thread