Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2006, 03:43 AM

Default Re: PP30/60 rasie/fold that I rarely try.....good spot?

[ QUOTE ]
I do think I have fold equity against a pair here on the turn if I decide to bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

In general, especially on this board, I don't think that's really all that likely. I do agree that you don't get 3-bet often but I think you find yourself spewing chips more often than is necessary, and you still face turn bets a lot when you miss. You don't know where he is, you don't know where you are, and you don't know your equity, but raising doesn't seem to clarify any of that very often.

Rob
Old 03-16-2006, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd call a raise without too much hesitation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? this is an easy call for you? I usually want to call river bet more than anyone and often think that river folds to rasies are incorrect.

However, you think here that I am getting bluff 3 bet on the river enough to call? A runner flush hit and a the board paired. I was thinking A10 was the worst possible hand he could have.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I do think I have fold equity against a pair here on the turn if I decide to bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

In general, especially on this board, I don't think that's really all that likely. I do agree that you don't get 3-bet often but I think you find yourself spewing chips more often than is necessary, and you still face turn bets a lot when you miss. You don't know where he is, you don't know where you are, and you don't know your equity, but raising doesn't seem to clarify any of that very often.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not agree here. I have noticed that I get a decent number of folds with a turn bet here if the turn card looks like it might be good for me. Sometimes I will get donked on the turn anyway, then I raise again and get the fold then. The only time I really get hurt is when villian is really aggressive and will three bet the flop or turn with middle pair anyway. This is pretty rare after my preflop 3 bet. Had I only 2 bet preflop, I think there is more value to only calling the flop. In this casee, IMO, if I only call the flop I am giving up on this hand and will never with without hitting and A or K.