Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 03:24 PM

Default Re: NL$200| Line checks (3 hands)

hand 1: fold turn
hand 2: I like it, if i have ever seen him fold, i might try to bluff river. he can def. have AK here.
hand 3: weird spot. Doesn't the yeti theorem say this is always a bluff? Might be worth a call in position and try to get to a chep showdown.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:01 PM

Oh, yeti theorem - not heard of that one. Anyone got a quick link to the key thread?

[ QUOTE ]
was your plan to c/c any bet on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

No it definitely wasn't the plan to call. I was check-folding, however, the table and villain had been playing fairly passive. Something about his bet suggested it could be the part of his range that I beat and I knew if I called him he'd never have the bottle to bet with a lesser hand at the river. I saw it as really marginal, I wasn't sure about my feeling. Villain has KQ as it turns out and didn't bet again on the river so we just turned them over. Ultimately his play got max value - lol at calling my 3-bet with KQ.

Villain in hand two has AJo and won ace high. I have to believe he'd have folded to a serious raise at any point. However, I don't change my line given that I felt a lot of his range snap calls if I raise or push. What the hand did allow me to see is that a min-rr preflop from him can be quite a wide range. Thus, if I played this hand again I would semi-bluff the flop or turn against him since a lot of his range missed. I do feel that's only the right play now that I have some clue as to his min-3-bet range.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1 I probably fold turn without a read even though his bet is so small. It just seems like a king trying to get value from a hand like JJ.

Hand 2 I would raise his weak turn bet after the second ten hits.

Hand 3 I would raise more on the flop and I think the fold is good as played. If you are ahead villain probably has a strong combo draw and half the deck is going to be bad for you on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
all he said i would say to u