Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 12:46 AM

Default Re: New Software: Poker Sharpener - Now Approved

Also I think you should relize that a 20k hand sample to many of us here at 2+2 is a few days to a weeks worth of play. Why are you so hessitant about letting someone try this for 2-5 sessions to see if they like it better than PT or PO.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:40 AM

Yes, I play 100k hands in a month and would get no info from anything less than 20k hands. I buy PT because of history. I use HM because of the free unlimited beta program. I will not touch your program until you change something to make me even want to try it.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:49 AM

where does it get the info on the players? from my hand history folder? does it have a database? or is it just from the current session?
Old 10-17-2007, 09:40 AM

Maximum 10 tables.

This product is soooo 2005.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:54 AM

I'm trying to understand your marketing spin.

You allow 1/3 as many hands as PT in your demo and then charge $210 for 3 years use compared to PT current rate of $50. You know your marketing to poker players and understand pot odds, right?

I tried PT and when I imported my hands, unfortunately most of it was tourneys and PT sucks at tourneys so .... no sale.

As soon as I see a demo that says it will work for 2 days or such or that the only way to get the software is to sign up at some poker site I pass. I know how much time and effort it takes to review a product and I don't have time to waste.

From my stand point, if you want me to pay you $5 or so a month to use your product I expect a chance to try it for a month (especially since you don't allow for refunds based on the fact that you can try before you buy).

If you think that 350 hands displays your product potential then I know it's not worth installing on my test machine..

Thanks anyway and good luck. nh
Old 10-17-2007, 01:52 PM

You have obviously put more time and effort in the software than in thinking about marketing strategies.

My personal prediction is that youre gonna fail miserably if you ignore what people have said so far. Its spot on and true if you ask me.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:00 PM

He has already failed miserably because of his lack of knowledge on the subject. Coming out with something like this and then when people tell him how to get a market share he simply says "Not gonna happen" means that he isn't someone most of us want to deal with.

I would still try the trial, but with the new PT3 and HM coming out, nothing short of a miracle would make me spend $1 on this.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:41 PM

Thank you to everyone who has taken their time to provide feedback to us. We hear you loud and clear. We are now offering a thirty day trial that does not impose any kind of hand count restriction to accommodate your requests. We are making the changes in our software and will post here a little later today to let you know when it is available. Your feedback is appreciated so please keep it coming.

[ QUOTE ]
TheProdigy: when people tell him how to get a market share he simply says "Not gonna happen"

[/ QUOTE ]

If I have offended you it was not my intention. We took your suggestion very seriously and were still considering it, but felt that we needed to think about it further while still providing you some feedback. Our initial reaction was that allowing 20,000 hands would be too much especially for less dedicated poker players that trial our software. After thinking some more we now realize the best way to accommodate everyone is to remove the hand restriction completely. You indicated that you are still willing to evaluate Poker Sharpener but will likely go with one of our competitors. Even if that is the case we would value any feedback you choose to provide.

[ QUOTE ]
geo8o2: where does it get the info on the players? from my hand history folder? does it have a database? or is it just from the current session?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hands are recorded in a database and the details are saved as you monitor the poker table. There is no need under normal circumstances to manually import your hand histories, but Poker Sharpener does use them to save the hands.

[ QUOTE ]
1p0kerboy: Maximum 10 tables

[/ QUOTE ]

How many tables do you play at a time? We may be able to increase the limit to accommodate.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:53 PM

now there you go.

Will be trying it out this weekend because you seem to listen to what we say. I wish people would use their power as consumers more often.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:02 PM

Very well done.

There should also be no limit on tables. Pokerboy plays 12 pokerstars tables, 4 or more full tilt tables as well. He also has been known to play Sit-n-Gos with the 12 tables. Sit-N-Go players can handle 30+ tables I think, but regardless it def. needs to be atleast 12(Ok, 16).

The only way I was going to look at it is if you went above and beyond my requests and since you have, I will indeed give it a run.

Good luck I will most likely come back with a review soon.