Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 01:28 PM

Default Re: 25NL: TPTK Vs sudden aggression

I think that this is an easy fold. You are right in that it is hard to discern here whether villian has busted draw or a big hand that has you crushed. I would not be willing to be heroic given odds. He has to do this with a busted draw a significant amount of time to make a call here worthwhile. There was a time when I would sometimes make a heroic call here, but ive learned my lesson.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Would anyone else bite and raise the turn here (say $2.50) for info? I figure if he RRs you get out then or if he calls and straight draw hits see what he does on river.

[/ QUOTE ]
Although I am not a big fan of raising for infomation, I dont think its a bad move here. I would like it more however if you did NOT have the flush draw. Raising for info here with a naked TPMK would allow you to easily get away if reraised and prevents villain from succeeding with block bet. You do not want to get 3bet off your draw here though so I like raising turn less.
On the other hand raising turn get value out of flush draw whether it hits on river or not. You would have to be fairly certain that villain is on FD here and this is unlikely given that you are as well.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:40 PM

I'd raise the turn and fold or check behind on the river.
Fold to the overbet obv.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:08 PM

Villan's line looks like frustrated trips that didn't get you to raise on turn. That overbet on the river is just ugly...you are either WA (busted flush draw or OESD)/WB (trips).

I am trying to break a self-destructive tendency to make hero calls [almost always against LP/short stack players] and it contributes to both my tilt & variance (both positive and negative). But this looks like a clear lay down.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like raising the turn here because if villain IS on a draw, (especially a flush draw), then I don't mind him hitting it since mine's better and I can get a bet our of him on the river. This leads to my next question. Assuming the river is a spade, how big a bet are we willing to call here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Putting Villain on a draw (ESPECIALLY a flush draw) is just another reason to reraise the turn. You have TPTK and the nut flush draw. You want to build the pot and hope the flush comes because he will probably stack off. The only time I would not reraise the turn is if I put him on a 7.

As played river is definitely a fold.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:34 PM

Toymach, I'm certainly raising the turn without the FD, but I agree that even without the FD, raising the turn is nice as it does get value whether or not the flush comes down. Also it makes things easier as (I can fold to a turn shove) and my decision is easier on the river if a spade comes down.