Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 10:20 AM

Default Theory: Restealing from the Restealers

This is kinda similar to a thread from high stakes from a while ago but i thought it would be fun tailored specifically for LP stealing.

Assume we raise around 20% from B or CO and that some villain starts regulary getting frisky from the SB/BB and makes standard 3x 3bets. Villain is typical weak'ish / tight that plays 100nl or 200nl.

Two potential lines:
** 4bet
** call pre and RR any reasonable flop lead from villain

Given the above choices, how could we prioritize the following for each line and why?

1. A8s
2. 66
3. KJs
4. 78s
5. ATC
Old 10-17-2007, 10:27 AM

Default Re: Thoery: Restealing from LP

You might want to fix your spelling in your subject... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2007, 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This kinda similar to a thread from high stakes a while ago but specifically for LP stealing.

Assume we raise around 20% from B or CO and that some regs start getting frisky from the SB/BB and making standard 3x 3bets.

Two potential lines:
** 4bet
** call pre and RR any reasonable flop lead from villain

Given the above choices, how could we prioritise the following for each line and why?

1. A8s
2. 66
3. KJs
4. 78s
5. ATC

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll kick it off.. although in the high stakes thread every combination appeared at some point, LOL

78s>A6s>>>>ATC>>>KJs or 66

78s: i would rather call and RR flop with this
A6s: probably better for the 4bet line and call an AI
66: call pre (mmm hate it really) and try to get to a cheap showdown (we have position - might catch the cbet - RR flop would be silly?) - would like a weak villain for this line ideally - i am lost with this hand actually.
ATC: either line could work.. 4bet or call and RR flop
KJs: Reverse implied odds makes me more careful with this hand. As a pure bluff it has value but i could easily get married to it and lose my stack. Probably plays similar to 66 if it hits the flop.

Actually 66 looks sucky to me the more i think about it.. maybe push that to last behind the KJs and ATC.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You might want to fix your spelling in your subject... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] i is good at Englush
Old 10-17-2007, 01:06 PM

if you understand anything about lite 4 betting, u understand that Ax(ss) is pretty much the best hand to 4b. at first glance it seems to have no value, but it does because

a.) its soooooooooooted
b.) it has an A in it, making it much less likely u run into AA
c.) its only completely smoked when u run into AA (see point b and think about it)
d.) has more value than ATC because of point c

that being said, u can only 4b at certain times. ( i was considering doin my 2400 post about 3-4betting, how to handle it, when to do it, etc...). u can only 4b when ur image is right. when the person who 3b's u image is right. there are other factors as well (timing tells are actually pretty huge in 4b's), but well ignore these for now

now, that being said, if images and spots seem correct, and villian is really weak/tight...we need to make an inference. we probably are not getting 3banged too lite by a weak/tight character. so we shud really reconsider getting into it with this character, unless they've been messing around with our steals often.

overall, i wud 4b:

A6s>87s>ATC>66>KJ

66 has a lot more value at 6max when it comes to 4betting. (on second thought, im not 100% sure this is correct. i assume that 66 has more value in 6max, but i cant prove that right now. if anyone can teach me sumtin, im more than willing to listen. but i do assume that ATC=~66. (22=99 in this spot). hmmmm) in FR, i find that the normal calling range to a 4b is JJ/QQ+/AK. sometimes u can even chop JJ/QQ out completely, and AK out often as well.

KJ is useless to 3b. pick a hand like Q8o and 4b it, not KJ. Q8 has little value, and should be 4b rather than a hand with some minute value, and will also b covered most of the time when called (ppl dont call ai's with AQ often at 50 or 100 in my experience).

(this kind of relates to what i sed in one of my videos when it comes to limp/RR-ing. you do it with AA/KK/ATC. u dont do it with JJ. this is because u do it with value hands, and zero value hands to mix up ur range (we never want our range stale and easy to figure out)).

overall, i think its important to find ppl who fold down to QQ+/AK(sometimes). 4b the crap out of them so long as ur image isnt too loose and wet. remember, images are what influence our decisions the most in poker.

hope i stayed on track there =)