Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 06:24 AM

Default Re: I want to fold: Sensible or are my labia in the way?

Judging by preflop hero is probably 43/15/1 too.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Judging by preflop hero is probably 43/15/1 too.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is ignorant. Villain is a massive donk. He is playing close to half his hands, and is prone to lose all his chips every hand. He min-raises from the button and I have a suited hand. This is a really easy call for me. I run about 25/15/3, and I'm doing pretty well in these games.

For those who are saying snapcall river, what do you expect to see? I understand that when my hand doesn't look that strong, and my opponent bets large, he's not likely to be very strong in general. But here, the pot is almost meaningless, compared to the money he's putting in to steal it, in some of your estimations. If he bet twice the pot, I'd probably call. This overbet is the nuts a lot of the time, IMO.

I folded the river, which definitely could be wrong. But, if you look at the situation that transpired, and you think I should've snapcalled the river, I don't know how the hell you can think I should fold preflop.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:35 AM

"This is ignorant. Villain is a massive donk. He is playing close to half his hands, and is prone to lose all his chips every hand. He min-raises from the button and I have a suited hand. This is a really easy call for me. "

"For those who are saying snapcall river, what do you expect to see? "

Does not compute
Old 10-17-2007, 09:35 AM

why the [censored] did you create a new account for this thread?

oh, and this hand is a trainwreck
Old 10-17-2007, 09:43 AM

If im out of line, go ahead and tell me but here goes....
U say vill is a huge donk who is stacking off almost every hand he plays.. so you make loose call with J3s which you justify for the reasons mentioned above..you get a perfect board and now you question if its right to stack off here?...well as posters said before snap it
Old 10-17-2007, 09:44 AM

he's super bad so you call preflop, fine whatever. but you called to stack him in this situation akdfjkaljfdajdf so tilting if you actually folded. you c/c the flop so you could hit a flush and stack him later in the hand. you checked the turn when you hit your flush so you could stack him with a c/r or on the river. you checked the river for the sole purpose of hiding the strength of your hand so that you can get max value. he's prone to losing all his chips in any hand as you said, he's bad enough that he's liable to do something unexpected and illogical at any point, he does the favour of putting all of his chips in the pot, and you FOLD!?!?!?!?!? apparently because 'this is the nuts a lot' this could be literally ATC, not to mention that there are millions of lower flushes. i don't think i can believe you that you folded this, you must be trying to prove a point or something with this hand?
Old 10-17-2007, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why the [censored] did you create a new account for this thread?

oh, and this hand is a trainwreck

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLOLOL Good point. The secret's out. I'm so tired that I didn't use my gimmick account.

DLizzle, you make good points, but it's not like you have to make a plan and then stick to it, ignoring everything else. I planned on stacking this guy if I made a strong hand and he made top pair or something, or if I could get him to bluff everything off. I went for checkraises because it seemed like a big chunk of his range on every street would be bluffs. On the river, I didn't like the bet size. He'd never made that play yet, and though he'd done some goofy things, I didn't think he would risk 500 or whatever to win the 60 out there. Maybe I threw away the best hand.

He did make 3 more overbets throughout the course of the night (after this hand), though none were all-in. One was with 2 pair that he had every reason to believe was good, and the other 2 were with the stone cold nuts. I think this is a pretty common thing at 2/4; massive overbets are the nuts, almost always. In retrospect, I'm only wondering if he was possibly shoving a worse flush often enough for me to call profitably.

Edit: I'm looking forward to facing tons and tons of these overbets from 2p2 now; that should be interesting. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2007, 10:22 AM

Lead turn.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:25 AM

I'm crap at poker and even I can see that it's an easy river call.

You say you should have call-pre-flop, wtf better flop did you want to see? This is ideal for a junky suited hand.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:05 AM

It's not like just because we play a junk suited hand against a donk hoping to stack him on a favourable board, we need to get it ai on exactly that board. People always say that since we induced a bluff, we have to call. That's not necessarily true when the Villain does something completely out of the ordinary/out of character. I'd probably call in this case, but I'm not sure I'm too happy about it. Donks could probably do this with two pair and stuff like that enough to make it profitable.