Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2007, 10:29 AM

Default Re: ***September Low-Content Thread***

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, the "hot oats" post from waaaay back was actually pretty funny

[/ QUOTE ]

That was an attempt at humor.

[ QUOTE ]
But this pretty much seals it for me. This is the most -EV post in terms of effort to humor that I have ever seen.

[/ QUOTE ]
This was NOT an attempt at humor.

[ QUOTE ]
I've been holding this in for a long time, but this post has put me on tilt so badly that I can't hold back.

ASSANI, YOU ARE WEAK TIGHT!!!!!!!!

There I said it. Hope I didn't do too much damage.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, I know this. While I post a lot here and play a large amount when I do play, PLO8 has not always been my main game. In fact I'd say that I only have played it for maybe 2 months or so TOTAL. While I have played a ton of poker in general(played for a living for 4+ years) I'm still very much learning PLO8.

I don't use pokertracker, so I don't have exact stats, but I'm positive that I've crushed $.5/1 and $1/2 and have been a small winner at $2/4. I've been a loser at $3/6 and $5/10 and quickly dropped down usually after taking shots there. I fully understand that, just like with most other forms of poker, tight and sound play will show a big profit over time against soft opponents but may not work at higher levels. However, I feel as if I must completely grasp and understand the fundamentals before I try to expand my game.

And while I'll always welcome criticism as a way to get better, I will say that I'm pleased with my improvements so far.

[ QUOTE ]
Please do not post again for a month while I gather my exploded brains and cram them back into my skull.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ummmm, ok.

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and because this was an obvious direct rip on Buzz's longwinded style, I am calling for insta-ban, as this sort of frontal assault on our beloved moderators should not be tolerated.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually that couldn't be further from the truth. I just took it from the OFFICIAL ICY POTS MYSPACE PAGE.