Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: YEREKEEO
Your erection: reason everyone keeps ejaculating (elephantitis, obviously) 4 44.44%
yankees,especially rodriguez = egocenntric [killrallying envious egotistacal overated] 1 11.11%
Young Elvis ruled... eventually kept eating... enter obesity. 4 44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2007, 09:52 AM

Default Re: Official Supernova Elite Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PB any worries that upping the amount of tables you can play will dry out fish faster, in turn hurting the games? i know its not really comparable, but the thing that kept paradise soooooo [censored] juicy back in the day was the 1 table limit, surely this is why stars is limiting tables at all? i know this is a nitty way of thinking about it, but your thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I think there are very few players that are capable of playing more than the current max.
2. Currently there is not a limit on MTTs or SNGs, and I think the effects on these games have been small, mostly because of the small number of players actually playing >12 tables.

***IMPORTANT***
3. The players who will be playing more than the max are likely already playing more than the max, albeit at different sites. If these players play more at Stars, Tilt becomes fishier, which draws some sharks away from Stars, etc. It balances itself out in the end and the overall games will likely not have an impact.

[/ QUOTE ]

The players who will most benefit from the increase in the number of tables (particularly the ratholing shortstackers and massively multitabling nits) are often very marginal winners/losers against everybody except the fish, who they clean out about nearly as well as anybody. Nothing like seeing the 80/2/0.5 guy (who you haven't been able to hit anything against) drops 2 buyins to the 11/9/4 guy with top pair on a T62 board.

Rant aside - it won't balance out. The fish will just go away faster. I mean the tables on Stars are generally accepted to be the some of the toughest online already. The games getting worse more quickly than they already are probably isn't going to send any significant chunk of the regulars over to Full Tilt. The games are already at the point where alot, if not most, of your money comes from the weaker regulars anyhow.

It is just delaying the inevitable, but I see no reason to make the fish:shark ratio even worse than it already is. It's probably not good for the site in the longrun and it's definitely not good for the games.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it would be bad for the games. Players should have to adapt to the new changes, as they have had to do in the past. You can't expect poker games being always the same, there are many circunstances that may cause to increase or decrease the average level.

Anyway, I'm not so sure that the metagame would change so dramatically if it was possible to play in 16 cash games.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. I think there are very few players that are capable of playing more than the current max.
2. Currently there is not a limit on MTTs or SNGs, and I think the effects on these games have been small, mostly because of the small number of players actually playing >12 tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that raising # of tables from 12-15 is a great idea for a couple of reasons.

1st off 1pokerboy nailed it in his post, there are going to be very few players plaing more then 12 tables so there wont be that much of an effect on the game quality.

They currenly allow Sit N Go' players to play as many as they want so why limit the csh games?

I don't have the statistics but I would guess that there are fewer then 5% of players playing 12 tables plus right now on any site.

Also take into consideration that this probably wont effect the 6 max games at all because it is going to be pretty near impossible to play more then 12 of those at a time with the exception of the very few.

This also isn't likely to effect the limit games full or short because again with the exception of the very few it's impossible to play more then 12 tables at a time.

I used to 12 table Full ring limit and it was very difficult to keep up with the action. It stretched my multi-tasking ability to the max. Currently I am playing 15 tables of NL full ring and I can probably add another table or 2 as it is much easier to multi table Nl then limit

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Increasing the number of tables beyond 12 would start to have deterimental effects, mainly towards the speed of the tables, as I think even the most multi-tablers would start to slow the tables down significantly.

Just my opinion.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People used to say the same thing back when almost all of the sites had a 4-table max a few years ago.

There are players who can play more tables without slowing the action down.

There are also many players who can't maintain 12 properly. Should we roll back to 8 and punish everybody for the few who can't properly judge their own abilities? Should we also ban alcohol because a small % of people abuse it?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are tons of players playing 1-2 tables who are slower to act and slow the game down more then the regular 8-12 table multi-tablers.

Heres an idea, how about having a test trial 60 days or something run it as a promotion and advertise it on the site call it an "FPP Bonanza Special" "for the next 60 days we are giving you the chance to earn as many FPP's as you can with unlimited table maximums, you can upgrade your Bronze/Silver/gold/Nova status quicker then ever" etc etc.

Alos, if Stars allowed me to play more then 12 tables I would actually put in more hours over the course of the year and try to make SuperNova Elite status.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This also isn't likely to effect the limit games full or short because again with the exception of the very few it's impossible to play more then 12 tables at a time.

[/ QUOTE ]

12 tables of SHLHE is simply bananas. I do it from time to time, and I'm pretty much exhausted after 15 minutes.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:08 PM

sethy - have you ever played NL full-ring as some of these guys do?
I played 12 tables before and it feels freaking slow as syrup.
I think 5 tabling 6-max limit takes more effort and clicks.

The only real time-consuming head-ache of 12-tabling FR NL is when you bust-out and have to rebuy...at least it is for me but I don't buy-in for the default amount and don't have some AHK script or auto-rebuy thing or anything like that.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:24 PM

what is the fastest way to super nova elite? limit he? sngs? no limit? at what stakes would u need to play to achive this?
Old 10-17-2007, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sethy - have you ever played NL full-ring as some of these guys do?
I played 12 tables before and it feels freaking slow as syrup.
I think 5 tabling 6-max limit takes more effort and clicks.

The only real time-consuming head-ache of 12-tabling FR NL is when you bust-out and have to rebuy...at least it is for me but I don't buy-in for the default amount and don't have some AHK script or auto-rebuy thing or anything like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only NL I play is 6 max. 12-tabling 6 max NL = ~8 tabling SHLHE, imo, in terms of clicks. That said there are differences in the games that make massively multitabling SHNL more difficult, at least for me since I'm not experienced enough a NL to 'autopilot'.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:16 PM

In order of how quickly you get to Elite - high stakes SNGS, limit HE, NLHE.

At the levels of ~ $60 SNGs, 3/6 LHE or 2/4 NLHE I think you would have to play at least 40 hrs/week and at least 10-table. This is just a guess but fairly close I think.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:21 PM

I'm *guessing* that I'll make it by around this point next year playing 25-30 hrs a week playing primarily 5/10-10/20 SHLHE
Old 10-17-2007, 07:49 PM

rwesty - yeah, that seems about right.

everyone - it's not that hard to figure out for your preferred game.
Look up the number of points or just play 30 minutes to get a rough idea of how much you would earn.

1 million points =
4000 pts X 250 days
or
3500 points X 286 days
or
3000 points X 334 days

so figure out how many hours and tables you need to play to get about 3k-4k points per day and then go from there.

note to those who are still confused:
6 hours a day of 500 points per hour = 3k points per day.
One way to get this many points per hour would be if you played 10 tables that each earned 50 points per hour!!
Old 10-17-2007, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
rwesty - yeah, that seems about right.

everyone - it's not that hard to figure out for your preferred game.
Look up the number of points or just play 30 minutes to get a rough idea of how much you would earn.

1 million points =
4000 pts X 250 days
or
3500 points X 286 days
or
3000 points X 334 days

so figure out how many hours and tables you need to play to get about 3k-4k points per day and then go from there.

note to those who are still confused:
6 hours a day of 500 points per hour = 3k points per day.
One way to get this many points per hour would be if you played 10 tables that each earned 50 points per hour!!

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]