Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 06:39 PM

Default Re: Absolute Poker Scandal: An Inside Job

would Scott Tom have an interest in AP going broke since he made it so obvious?
Old 10-16-2007, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
would Scott Tom have an interest in AP going broke since he made it so obvious?

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a line I like that I may or may not have made up.

"Never assume conspiracy when incompetence is a more likely answer"

We have plenty of evidence (his spam posts mostly) that the guy is a doorknob. I think that makes it far more likely that they're just THAT DUMB than this is some masterful byzantine plot to take over AP/the poker world/2p2/Mason's pants.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

"Never assume conspiracy when incompetence is a more likely answer"

[/ QUOTE ]

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity
Old 10-16-2007, 06:49 PM

btw I'm in Canton MI right now, went to High School there, it'd be nice to ask him about my 30k...

note: not making threats, I really would love to take a digital recorder and ask him a few questions
Old 10-16-2007, 06:55 PM

Wouldn't either of these guys be arrested as soon as they set foot in the U.S. as the CEOs of online gaming companies? Would they seriously just be chilling in Michigan? Look what happened to the Neteller dudes and they didn't even work there anymore.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't either of these guys be arrested as soon as they set foot in the U.S. as the CEOs of online gaming companies? Would they seriously just be chilling in Michigan? Look what happened to the Neteller dudes and they didn't even work there anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

They, Scott at least, appears to be chilling in Costa Rica, probably in or around San Jose.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:55 PM

I doubt either one of them is in Canton right now -- especially Scott, who is clearly living in Costa Rica nowadays.

You can't completely dismiss the Seif heads-up match now. The K9 boat open-fold was ONE hand, yes, but it wasn't just that one hand being complained about. That was just the most offensive of the bunch. stuckinpgh actually complained that Seif seemed to know the right moves EVERY HAND.

I know this because I know stuckinpgh personally, and he discussed it all with me right when it happened.

BTW, why has Mark been so quiet about this whole thing? He hasn't made one post or public statement clearing AP or even his own name. I'd love to see him involved here.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, why has Mark been so quiet about this whole thing? He hasn't made one post or public statement clearing AP or even his own name. I'd love to see him involved here.

[/ QUOTE ]
He pasted the AP reply.

http://www.bluffmagazine.com/blog/bl...0&bcatid=4
Old 10-16-2007, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
He pasted the AP reply.

[/ QUOTE ]
I did not watch the tourney replayed but in seif's response he says that there were many times that unorthodox strategy resulted in a loss? Is this true, because from what ive read the guy never made a misstep in the tourney. Of course the statement was released before Marco publicized the HH's.
Also, does anyone have a schedule of payments that AP had to make to the sellers of UB. A financial deadline might make one do something foolish.
Third, is it possible Graycat sat out the tourney because Potripper logged in first to 363?
Greycat: Dude, sign off, I'm gettin ready to play the 1K tourney
Potripper: Dude, too late I logged in first. Unregister and get back your 1K
Greycat: The tourney already started, I cant unregister.
Potripper: Well, i guess you are [censored] cause we both know you cant play- I'll dump 1K to ya afterwards
Greycat: K THX
Old 10-16-2007, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
He pasted the AP reply.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guys,

Why the hell are we trying to keep Seif out of this? I know we don't want to dilute the real evidence, but there is much wilder speculation going on than that about Seif.

Given that he posted Absolute's ridiculous statement above, I think it would be absurd to count him out.

And we know that the kid who thought he got cheated a couple years ago is a legit player who wasn't making it up at the time. Ike, how do you figure his retraction is evidence AGAINST the cheating?? Seems more likely the opposite, IMO.
Closed Thread